• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Odometer can not change from miles to kilometers

[email protected]

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello everyone and happy new year !
I have one Honda NC 700x in Greece.
I buy that new 2013.Since now I had no problems. I use the odometer to kilometers show.Before few days since I had stop to a traffic light and when it turns green I start moving but the power was not enough so the moto stops .I press the starter again and move on but it turns on the engine light for about 100 meters and I stop again to check what happens. I look at the odometer and it was miles instead kilometers.
The moto has no other problems. I visit service but they can't do anything to change miles to kilometers.
It seems like the option miles to kilometers has gone from the buttons that fix or change that.Moto manual has no refer to that which happens to me.Please any help if someone knows ......thanks a lot .
Stv

I think your battery is bad, or the connections to the battery are loose, and that is why the voltage dropped too low and reset the meter panel.

The US spec NC700X does give the ability to switch between km and miles. I don't know about the model sold in Greece. On the US model, switching units is done in the same menu as the display brightness and clock setting. The sequence is brightness setting, then clock setting, then units. Press and hold both A and B buttons to get in the menu. Press A button (left) to step through. When units are flashing, press B to change it. Then press A to set it and loop back to the beginning. After 30 seconds the display returns to normal.

Thanks for your answer. The same way works the moto in Greece .I make a lot of times the things with the buttons alone and in the official service garage but the option of miles to km don't exists any more like the beginning. I have now to wait answer from the central Honda in Athens. As for the battery it's always full since I have system to recharge it.
The problem still remains.

First, check on your Greek Honda website if the was a recall for combination meter.
Then, re-seat connector on a back of meter. If this doesn't help your meter may be faulty.
All default setting for meter are stored in internal nonvolatile memory (EEPROM).
How about other settings? Can you change clock setting or panel backlight brightness?

Only UK models (Type E, III E) have this setting. France (F, II F) and European direct sales models (Type ED) does not have this setting. It's on the User Manual... (See the notes).

And yes, check the battery and the connections. Let the battery to rest for 1-2 hours and check the state of charge with a voltmeter and do a load test. An unhealthy battery may cause various problems...

http://www.yuasabatteries.com/pdfs/TechManual_2014.pdf

Externally to a meter you can check at 16P connector (Service Manual pp 22-8, 22-10, 22-11)
- power input line - Pink/Blue wire - battery voltage
- back-up voltage line - Red/White wire - battery voltage
- ground line - Green/Red wire
But I think if any of those is bad it would affect all functions of meter.

Yes, I see now in owner manual that for Europe there are 6 regional versions of NC700X. So the initial setting for country must be done by selector switches or jumpers on meter circuit board. (Hard-coding is not practical). One of switches/jumpers lost contact. But if you open meter you may lose anti-moisture sealing.
Honda should recognize it as design defect.

Last edited:
Hello to all Honda NC 700x friends.....thank you very much for your helps about my problem .Before I start seeking about the solutions you told me I had a call from Honda centrals in Athens and they told me that they will change the Odometer that faults for FREE !!!!!
THANK YOU VERY MUCH HONDA !!!
Thank you all for your help.
When I put the new Odometer I will inform all the people here in the forum.
Have a safe rides with our Honda !!!

That's great to hear! Hope everything works out to your satisfaction.

and don't be a stranger here at the forum, let us know how it goes and just say hi :)

Hello everyone ......yesterday I put on the NEW ODOMETER FOR FREE from Honda service .The new one with 0 km is super and has not miles when I check for its options .Thank you all for your support
Safe ride.

Back