• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Now it can be told...

Garydj

Reaction score
Visit site
I've traded my 2012 NC700X for a 2012 Burgman 400 scooter. My latest trip to Yellowstone (about 3000 miles) made me realize I was not enjoying the NC as much as I had in the past. Trying to get my leg over the tall seat was getting harder for me. The Burgman 400 is about the same weight as the NC, but is a step through and easier to mount. It will not go quite as fast or quick as the NC, but it should still allow me to travel when I want to go.

I want to thank everyone here for all the good advice and fellowship. If I run into anyone who is looking into an NC, I will be sure to send them here!

Good luck, Garydj. Pop in around here anytime and give us an update on your adventures!

Cool....a man has to make choices that are best for him. I respect that. Enjoy your new ride.

Scoots are good. I used them commuting for years. Good weather protection also.

hey GaryDJ
I went the opposite direction.
I had a 2012 Suzuki Burgman Executive 650 for a bit over a year and really liked everything about it EXCEPT for the ONE major deficiency that forced me to get rid of it and look to the NC700DCT which I love.
The Burgman had, without any doubt whatsoever, the most god-awful bone jarring ride I have ever had the displeasure to experience. I tried all manner of tweaks and none made it better. The Suzuki dealer basically said, Sorry, that's how they are.
I wish I still had it but I could not take the abuse of the super crappy suspension.
I sincerely hope your 400 rides a lot better than my 650 did. If it does, I'm positive you'll be VERY happy.
Like I said, except for the ride, it was perfect in every other category.

Last edited:
I had two friends who decided to go Burgman 650s after decades of riding, they were both in their 80s. I'm waiting for them to produce a naked Burgman as the underpinnings are fabulous. In Europe many people do long distance touring on the mega scoots. And a plus all tyre companies produce real sports scooter versions. You'll be dry while we will be soaking.

I had two friends who decided to go Burgman 650s after decades of riding, they were both in their 80s.
Not bad considering those little Burgmans are over 600 lbs...Those old timers must have been in pretty good shape and learned quickly to never to park on an incline ;-)

To the OP: I was at Max BMW in New Hampshire the other day when an older rider pulled up on his Burgman...He had ridden up from Jacksonville, FL (!). He makes the trip a couple of times a year...Those are one heck of a scoot! Have fun with the new ride..

Last edited:
Congrats on the new ride. You have to get what you want and ride to like or else you'll be regretting it every time you go out.

Have fun!

i love that thing! specially with this tall screen and side deflectors
NjZhTn297h5yfVECiRE7uq7eKXfASa-HzNrVW53VnTOQibtpgiGdWNzkVbTavbwVNT7AtPAcXD6Txn8Ddtm7tzCBMDdYf7VWDfNEyWP-a6YPbKJugKqfLl7OGtVEiwdrTLaIWP9mZ1__1c5nOFQayQGgJdJTrYHzRzt_ew4ts2YzRus3iU9HkRGhnwsrR9ziJk_ehxKp5uJXhmnJCN0GdhesMqCJmjVGC_DzXtNXcmizwm88jD9wnO74-QYAMleh02MPpuPZ7Lq8UYDdqS_moqCUfZcvneimF9M_Z1vj9WHWfA5ANRikA8htxZAsB4ZTRoHb9AW6TyoEZLqca3ghOL93v5a5S-lMbYq4hIHx297lj9Qaaqi-H5GH_OjEr2kdDnMYV1BCL-CD2luFukZvDFBdj-5JTwOf0PZthV8rKNwgeWfKJQLlMklBZcmqFhh0lmlcjYjGMPhD_VcmoMGKx1iv-A-FIO4Im-DtjmZmVdlHXloOS4URaU4twS8CS1YzuFlxk_NmX6QfRe0Yrpa61UOKjZIKNT8-AbjRH3Jhk0sLjzeXbvWOwmKMkyNLCzjNR0qy5JMyqVFbZA38Nw3-eaFzg60sjNM=w1238-h928-no

Back