• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New tires mounted, plus Ride-on report.

I have 15,550+ miles on my OEM tires. My speedometer went out for a while and was replaced under warranty, so I'm not sure what the exact total is. I have my front Shinko 705 in house, waiting for the rear. Got the fender raising parts in hand, going for some Ride On tomorrow and I should be ready to tackle the job.

I have been using Ride ON for a number of years now. I have had one flat while in Mexico, but that was a large peace of steel that went though the side of the tire putting a two inch hole in the side of the tire. That is well over 100,000 miles using Ride On with NO problems. The milage I get on my tires is so much better with Ride ON in the tires, because the tires stay in balance the entire life of the tire. I have been getting great milage on the OEM tires also. I am seriouly considering riding to Alaska next week with gboswellsac, so let me get a new rear tire ordered and some Ride On.

I changed my rear tire the other day. It was the first tire I had used Ride-On in. It was a Metzeler I bought used from a forum member and it had maybe a couple hundred miles on it. This second Metzeler was near showing the cords, and got the same mileage as the OEM Metzeler that did not have Ride-On. There was no difference in tire life.

What I noted when removing the tire, was how little area the Ride-On protected. I used the prescribed amount of product for the tire size, but internally, only a 3 inch strip was coated with sealant. That compares to the 7.5 inch total circumference of the tread area. Any punctures beyond 1.5 inches off the center line would not be protected. Forget about fixing any leaks near the outer edge of the tread, and it would do absolutely nothing for a rim/bead leak.

The once orange Ride-On was now a runny black goo. I guess you wouldn't reuse the product.

I balance my tires with weights whether I put Ride-on in or not, and the only time I would use Ride-On is on a patched tire, as a safety net. I have observed that wheels do not stay balanced over the life of a tire, and Ride-On might be useful for correcting minor balance shifts over time. Overall, I'm not terribly impressed with this stuff, and given that it sells for nearly $2 (US) per ounce, I think it's a bit over priced and overrated.

100_9528.jpg

Your Z8 moments before the cord shows:
100_9533.jpg

Plug patch after 8000 miles:
100_9532.jpg
100_9534.jpg

Last edited:
I agree, 670cc. I just changed my rear PR3 that had Ride On in it. I moved recently, and misplaced the two bottles I had, so I balanced the wheel the normal way. I may add the Ride On later when I find it, but I'm not sure it's worth the extra cost. Mine was still a little orange after a little over a year and 7k+ miles.

Back