• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New shoes

bode61

Reaction score
Visit site
Well after 9349 miles I am replacing the original Metzeler Z8 tires. Sitting in the shop now while my new Michelin Pilot Road 4's are being installed. Looking forward to seeing how these are.

Well after 9349 miles I am replacing the original Metzeler Z8 tires. Sitting in the shop now while my new Michelin Pilot Road 4's are being installed. Looking forward to seeing how these are.

3.jpgI am quite sure you will be more than happy with your new tires.

smileygoldtooth.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
Over 9k miles?! I don't know how some of you guys get/got that kind of mileage out of your stock tires. My rear was completely shot after 3500 miles. That's not kinda squared-off shot, that's five different patches of cord showing shot. The service manager at the Kawi dealer I took it to for the new rear thought I'd been doing burnouts. Clearly he wasn't familiar with the NC700. My bike has about 6800 miles on it now, still with the stock front, but it's going to be switched out for a new tire as soon as the weather breaks.

Over 9k miles?! I don't know how some of you guys get/got that kind of mileage out of your stock tires. My rear was completely shot after 3500 miles. That's not kinda squared-off shot, that's five different patches of cord showing shot. The service manager at the Kawi dealer I took it to for the new rear thought I'd been doing burnouts. Clearly he wasn't familiar with the NC700. My bike has about 6800 miles on it now, still with the stock front, but it's going to be switched out for a new tire as soon as the weather breaks.

From tire to tire, bike to bike and rider to rider (like fuel economy) conflicting numbers sure can be strange, eh?

I got over 20,000 km's from my Metz Z6 on my BMW, with a lot of er... higher speed riding, and always fully loaded up like a Winnebago for camping.

Sometimes it can even be the type of roads you most often ride on, I imagine. A lot of the roads up north in BC are super aggressive granular aggregate, with lots of voids and sharp bits sticking up. A lot of southern interior roads are billiard table smooth, pure oily night black pavement, that looks like compacted fine brown sugar in composition.

In my trips down to Washington State/Oregon/Cali many years ago, I was amazed at all the highways being very noticeably ribbly white concrete! I'd never seen such a thing before. I distinctly remember thinking: "boy this stuff must be hard on tire wear!" :eek:

Back