• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New Rider and Bike Owner

Congratulations and welcome.

About "riding your own ride" - It means ride to your abilities and experience. Don't follow someone else. Following someone into a corner they can exit and you cannot can ruin your day. It has nothing to do with farkles.

Congratulations and welcome.

About "riding your own ride" - It means ride to your abilities and experience. Don't follow someone else. Following someone into a corner they can exit and you cannot can ruin your day. It has nothing to do with farkles.

I am taking small steps riding short slow trips right now.

I am taking small steps riding short slow trips right now.

Sweet! That is the way to go. Gets miles under your belt and get comfortable.

I like to ride with people that are faster than me. Lets me see what can be done. They will blast through stuff and then wait on me to catch up. Seeing that something can be done gives me the confidence to push my comfort zone a LITTLE and then my comfort zone slowly expands.

On the flip side I also like to ride with riders that are slower than me. I blast through the curves and then putter along on the straights while they catch up or stop and wait for them to catch up at a nice view. I like to take frequent breaks. I also like to ride behind them so I can watch them and then pass along tips that were passed to me. It is great to see and listen to someone after they have gone through a set of curves for the first time with confidence riding a smooth line and hitting the apexes.

Congrats on the bike. Just picked mine up yesterday. I've been riding for over 40 years and there's nothing better. I've always had very powerful bikes (v max and roadstar warrior) thought it was time to down size. Hope I made the right choice. Looks like I'll find out next year starting to get to cold to ride here in RI. Come on spring!!

Congrats on you new bike. What color did you get. Howdy from Texas. In Texas, we are lucky because we get to ride year round.

I like to ride with people that are faster than me. Lets me see what can be done. They will blast through stuff and then wait on me to catch up. Seeing that something can be done gives me the confidence to push my comfort zone a LITTLE and then my comfort zone slowly expands.

I think that describes me following you in Arkansas last year. Thanks again. :)

Back