• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New Owner & Member from Northern Colorado

ColoradoRod

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello Folks,

I just picked up my brand new 2014 NC700X from the dealer late this afternoon. I traded in a 2005 Suzuki Vstrom DL1000. I was looking for a lighter bike and the NC700 has been on my radar since it first came out.

I put about 60 miles on the bike this afternoon and am hoping to go for another ride tomorrow depending on how my day goes.

I appreciate this forum as it alerted me to the issues with the 2014 speedometer cluster as well as the starter switch recall. I actually committed to buying the bike last week, but had to wait until this week for them to receive the part and remedy the starter switch recall. I asked them about the speedometer cluster service campaign and they claim that it had already been taken care of.

I feel like I got a heck of a deal on the new-in-box 2014. It's bone stock right now, but I've already ordered a set of Givi top case and side cases, a Givi windscreen, a Honda cover and a Honda center stand. I also went ahead and ordered a couple of oil filters in anticipation of the first couple of oil changes.

I'll probably end up doing all my own maintenance. I [almost] always seem to enjoy the process. My VStrom was heavily farkled and I imagine the NC700 will end up with a fusebox, GPS, USB charging ports, additional brake lights & blinkers, etc. All that stuff may have to wait until winter because I plan to use my free time riding while the weather's good!

In any case, hello.

Rod

This pic was taken west of town this evening just after sunset.

westoftown.jpg

Hello Folks,

I just picked up my brand new 2014 NC700X from the dealer late this afternoon. I traded in a 2005 Suzuki Vstrom DL1000. I was looking for a lighter bike and the NC700 has been on my radar since it first came out.

I put about 60 miles on the bike this afternoon and am hoping to go for another ride tomorrow depending on how my day goes.

I appreciate this forum as it alerted me to the issues with the 2014 speedometer cluster as well as the starter switch recall. I actually committed to buying the bike last week, but had to wait until this week for them to receive the part and remedy the starter switch recall. I asked them about the speedometer cluster service campaign and they claim that it had already been taken care of.

I feel like I got a heck of a deal on the new-in-box 2014. It's bone stock right now, but I've already ordered a set of Givi top case and side cases, a Givi windscreen, a Honda cover and a Honda center stand. I also went ahead and ordered a couple of oil filters in anticipation of the first couple of oil changes.

I'll probably end up doing all my own maintenance. I [almost] always seem to enjoy the process. My VStrom was heavily farkled and I imagine the NC700 will end up with a fusebox, GPS, USB charging ports, additional brake lights & blinkers, etc. All that stuff may have to wait until winter because I plan to use my free time riding while the weather's good!

In any case, hello.

Rod

This pic was taken west of town this evening just after sunset.

westoftown.jpg
Hi from Western Pa!! I have both 2012 nc and 2012 dl.

You own a V-strom AND an NC?........arrrgh...... what a weirdo.... to own two bikes from the same category.................:rolleyes:

I have an NC and a Super Tenere.

Hey George! Props to you for riding the NC all the way to the Grand Canyon this year. I think I would have taken the big bike......on wait,I did! :rolleyes:

Welcome Rod, from Louisiana!

I have an NC and a Super Tenere.

Hey George! Props to you for riding the NC all the way to the Grand Canyon this year. I think I would have taken the big bike......on wait,I did! :rolleyes:

Welcome Rod, from Louisiana!
Thanks for the back-up, I didn't know forum readers were so judgemental!

Back