• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New Owner Grafton, Wisconsin

Tigershark

Reaction score
Visit site
Cheers everyone. Traded my 2007 Triumph Tiger 1050 for a new NC700X - manual transmission.

Love the bike. I'm retired at age 63 and wanted to step down in power and weight. The Honda is way easier to move around, park, etc. I was really leaning toward the BMW F650GS due to its weight and under seat tank. Glad I waited. The Honda took it so much further with the cylinder angles and storage compartment. All planned farkels are minimal. Wolo Bad Boy air horn and Vista cruise control are ordered and GPS is mounted. I read a great DIY on seat upgrading and will probably do that. Headlight is great as is and decided to stick with the standard screen. I took delivery of a Calsci large screen and liked the original better, so sent it back. It was huge and moved the wind sheer from my chest to my forehead. ZTechnik makes screens for most Beemers and several other brands and models that look very promising by design. They're called VStream and come in a variety of sizes and tints. They are not available for the NC yet, but customer service answered my query saying they're in the works and will let me know when available.

The NC is my 14th cycle and I'm very happy with it.

So, cheers again and I look forward to joining in your excellent rapport.

:cool:

Tigershark from Grafton WI, welcome to Team Honda. Interstingly enough, I was also semi-drooling over the Beemer 650, but when I found the Honda, that was it, and for all the reasons you stated. This is my first, and it was definitely worth the wait. Looking forward to seeing you around on the forum.

Do post an update when you hear about the windscreen.

Congrades on the bike. I leave in Merton, Wi. 63 years old. And currently my 10th bike. Getting ready to head to AZ. Love this bike for the same reasons you said.

Welcome from Texas! I have kin folk In the Manitowauk area, and they have property (family campground) close to Krivitz. I plan to get up that way sometime. Great worldwide group here, enjoy!

John B:
I'm happy the Calsci screen worked out for you. I'm 6' tall with 32" inseam and the lower edge of the wind sheer was just above my eyes. That was their tallest screen for the NCX, so there was no point in pursuing their product line any further.

Beemerphile:
Had you read my profile, you would have asked for smoked salmon and home brew instead.

Cheers all and thanks for the welcome.

Beemerphile:
Had you read my profile, you would have asked for smoked salmon and home brew instead.

Sure. I had a machine built in Green Bay and turned several business trips into bike trips there during 2010 and 2011, so I was only going with what I knew from that experience. I enjoyed touring the backroads of Wisconsin during that time. Especially, the Mennonite farm areas in the south of the state. I am a fan of riding in isolated areas, and rural is about as city as I care for - though the brewery tour was nice. RV's, chatting cell-phone operators, and traffic lights all raise my blood pressure.

John B:
I'm happy the Calsci screen worked out for you. I'm 6' tall with 32" inseam and the lower edge of the wind sheer was just above my eyes. That was their tallest screen for the NCX, so there was no point in pursuing their product line any further.

Beemerphile:

You can keep the salmon as the only fish I eat is Cod. However the home brew now that is a different matter altogether :)

Welcome tigershark! I also looked at the Beemer first, thought it was the cat's whiskers! Second time I went to look, a few whiskers were gone and it is not cheap at all. So glad I waited. We also have a Tiger 800 in the family, my hubby uses it to commute to work, done 25000km in a year, some scary off road stuff, loving it. Enjoy your bike!

Back