• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New NC700X Rider (Take 2)

My issue with the NCX in the twisties is the upright riding position and how sensitive the steering is. I typically trail break in corners with a little front brake on my Sportbike. Tried it on the NCX and majorly blew my line since te bike stood up and I wasn't leaning on the clip on like you do on sportbikes. Startled the hell out of me.

My issue with the NCX in the twisties is the upright riding position and how sensitive the steering is. I typically trail break in corners with a little front brake on my Sportbike. Tried it on the NCX and majorly blew my line since te bike stood up and I wasn't leaning on the clip on like you do on sportbikes. Startled the hell out of me.
That right there tells me you're light years ahead of me when it comes to riding! I typically slow down enough that I don't use the brakes.

I feel the NC behaves a lot like a weeble. (I hope there are some who get that reference) As a new rider, I love that. I have been out practicing some tighter roads out in my area to work on the twists and leaning. It will lean, and it pops right back up. Of course, I am also probably going 10 mph slower than you would be.

It's just a completely different style/body position than I'm used to. This is me on my other bike. Sitting upright and not putting weight on the bars and using your body as much to steer just feels foreign. I'm sure with miles it will become much more familiar.
image.jpg

Interesting. I tend to trail brake with the rear. Found that the rear didn't seem to upset things like the front brake which now that you have described it I realize it was the bike trying to stand up. Plus I find the front brake to be a bit grabby (packing the front with mud did help smooth out the front a bit). I got into the habit of trail braking on FWD rice burners and I haven't quite been able to get out of the habit on the bike.

Welcome Kathy. My wife is the NCX rider in our family although she is a newbie compared to you. Wishing you much (more) luck and safe miles with your new NCX.

Welcome from an old guy in central GA (Milledgeville ----- they let me out ;) ) Perhaps someday we can meet up but I may not be able to keep up with you. I may be able to ride better than average but have never needed knee sliders.

Welcome to the NC family Kathy. Sorry about your first run with an NC, but glad to see the new one with all the trimmings! Hope you have many, many good miles of riding on it. I lived in Acworth as a young boy (grades 1-4), 1953-57, so that tells you how far back and also reveals my age. My dad was the pastor of the Presbyterian church. Only been back once in the mid 1990's and the lake was closed due to pollution. Hope they've got it cleaned up by now.

It's just a completely different style/body position than I'm used to. This is me on my other bike. Sitting upright and not putting weight on the bars and using your body as much to steer just feels foreign. I'm sure with miles it will become much more familiar.

I had to chuckle at this comment because after 20K miles on this bike I still find myself leaning forward over the bars when I go into a turn. I can't quite break the habit.

Nice Pic

Last edited:
Can't wait for warmer weather tomorrow. The NCX even makes grocery shopping fun. Hoping to put some good milage on. I'm at a whopping 35 miles right now <shakes head and slowly walks away>

Can't wait for warmer weather tomorrow. The NCX even makes grocery shopping fun. Hoping to put some good milage on. I'm at a whopping 35 miles right now <shakes head and slowly walks away>

I thought it was a great week for riding in Georgia. Managed 350 miles between Sunday and Tuesday, then had to leave for work.

Back