• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New NC700x owner in Columbia, SC

Gaberloonzie

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys!

New owner, I've been riding since I was about 8 years old, starting on mini-bikes, grew up in SE Kentucky riding dirt/dual sport. Had a few cruisers, my favorite was a 1999 Valkyrie Interstate, been on a KLR650 for the past few years and now on the NC. Love the 6th gear and lack of vibration compared to the KLR! Hope to see y'all on the road!

NC700x 1.jpg

Welcome from upstate SC. I've been enjoying the mountain roads in western North Carolina since I bought my NC last fall. Do you have some favorite routes down in your area?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Using it mainly for commuting, I come up your way for the fun rides. Getting up to the western NC, northwest SC, northeast GA is just about as close to motorcycle paradise as you can get.

Thanks Rapturee! I love your neck of the woods. I came up to Cascade, ID a few years ago and fell in love, I've tried to convince the wife to move that way but she's a South Carolina gal and doesn't appreciate cold weather!

Thanks dduelin! I'm Jealous! I would love to be in the Smokies this weekend, I'm hoping to get a group together and ride Cherhola soon.

Thanks dduelin! I'm Jealous! I would love to be in the Smokies this weekend, I'm hoping to get a group together and ride Cherhola soon.

Two weeks from now a number of us will get together in Stecoah, NC for some riding and socializing. Please come if you’re interested. See thread:
Kickstand Number 9 in the Land of the Dragon

It’s informal. The plan is no plan.

Sounds like a great time! Do you know if they allow you to hang a camping hammock?

They allow a tent set up anywhere you like. I can’t imagine a hammock is any problem. The only rule I know of is you can’t park a cage back in the tent camping area. As mentioned, just email them. They are friendly hosts.

A side note, it’s a cash only operation. The food they serve on Friday and a Saturday nights alone is worth going for.

Back