• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New member welcome thread..

Hello my name is Craig. I've been enjoying my new 012 NC since last May as well as this forum. Appears to be a very respectable place to visit and look forward to the camaraderie. Safe travels to all here.

Thanks for welcoming me. Today I purchased a DID chain w/O-rings , the stock chain seemed of poor quality and was shot after the first 1000 mi. So I went with a basic chain without the O-rings. Seems to be doing fine at 8000 mi. but I'm assuming the ringed DID will be beneficial in the long run via sprockets as well?...Thoughts?

Well I have had my NC700X since last fall, just over 4500km roughly 2800 miles. This is my 3rd bike my first bike, back in the 80's was a 1983 Nighthawk 450, great bike that got me to work in university, then a 17 year gap, in 2008 when I took the plunge and got my first crotch rocket a 2008 SV650 from Suzuki, (yes I turned 40) fun bike but the most uncomfortable ride ever. And then last year when I was thinking I never ride the SV again (cause every time I would ride it I could not walk for a day or so! lol), I bought my 2012 NC I love it. From Oakville Ontario Canada riding for fun, enjoying the bike now starting to add a few toys to it ! I can ride the NC700 for hours it is just a nice ride without breaking the bank!

Welcome to the group from Michigan! This forum will help everyone get the bike the way they want it and more :). There's a great group of people here.

Hi guys. I'm new to this forum and it's actually my first forum ever. So forgive me if I'm screwing this up. Just wanted to introduce my self and maybe get a few pointers for a newbie. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi guys. I'm new to this forum and it's actually my first forum ever. So forgive me if I'm screwing this up. Just wanted to introduce my self and maybe get a few pointers for a newbie. Any help would be appreciated.

Welcome aboard, I'm sure you will sort it all out in no time at all!

Lots of great folks here, more than willing to help with anything ;)

Welcome. If I was to give one piece of advice I would say use the advance search feature. You'll see it in the upper right hand area of the browser. Do a search for something your interested in knowing about and you may find it. If not just ask. Lots of good people here with a ton of knowledge.

Hello from Gibraltar to all new faces (sorry, too many to write down and I have almost two months of forum to catch up)!

Enjoy your NC700s! :cool:

Hi all - I'm Paul - a science teacher with 32 years service. Live in West London. My NC700S arrives Saturday 2nd November. One of the great things about coming back to biking is that people are friendly and accepting. Maybe it's cos in England anyway, we're all (oldish) men of a certain age, white haired, confident etc etc. Most bikers nod to each other and when they get together there is a shared joy of biking. Us against the car drivers and everyone else. I had a CB125 when I was 18, then a CD175 which I sold to buy my suit when I got married in 1981. Still married and bought a CBF125 4 years ago - we've done 19K miles together but it's time for my first big bike - can't wait:cool:

Hey everyone, I'm John. Just finished registering my new (used) NC700. Only have been riding for a little over a month on a Ninja 250 but the dream bike showed up on craigslist for a good deal so I decided to go for it. This forum has certainly made me more comfortable in the decision to purchase this bike. Reading through everything here just makes me think about all the things I want to do now haha.

Back