• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New member welcome thread..

Howdy everyone!! I'm a Newby to this Forum & wanted to introduce myself!! I'm an Old Guy (66) and am retired!! The inventory of Bikes mirror the type of riding I like to do!! For the first 10 or 12 years of my riding life it was exclusively Dirt Bikes!! I still ride off road although I understand fully the length of time it takes to heal now!! :-( I also remember PAIN which causes me to back off, , , well, , , sometimes!! I have an 06 ST1300 that is going away soon!! I love it but the NC will do everything I want in a street bike!! I have a 2013 CRF250L for local Forest Gravel and Single track stuff that I have to ride on public roads to get to!! I have a 2007 CRF230F and a 2000 XR200R for woods & potential Vintage stuff!! I have a 71 CM70 for pure Vintage, , , and a 71 CT90 for the Pit-Bike!!

Come on down, , , over or up to North Georgia & we'll go for whatever kind of riding you want to do!!

Thanks,

Alfred Kirkland
Dahlonega, GA.

4.jpg

Sounds like you've been at the show a long time, just changing seats. Welcome to the extreme seats.

:cool:

smileypouting.jpg

0000-00-00.jpg

Last edited:
Alfred, Welcome to the Forum and nice selection of bikes. I went to mountain phase of the Army Ranger School in Dahlonega, GA. I remember the hills all to well. I would have much rather ridden them. You have some beautiful country there to do dirt riding. Gald you enjoy the NC.

SergeantChuck, , , the Ranger School gate is 20 miles from my driveway & is often the first Gravel of the day!! I can do 150 miles from my house & back with about 100 miles of gravel!! We run into lots of Trainees on those rides!! :) Every time we see them we stop & Thank them, , , if THEY have time!! Most the time they think it's cool that a couple of old Guys are riding dirt bikes in the hills!!

Alfred, Welcome to the Forum and nice selection of bikes. I went to mountain phase of the Army Ranger School in Dahlonega, GA. I remember the hills all to well. I would have much rather ridden them. You have some beautiful country there to do dirt riding. Gald you enjoy the NC.

SergeantChuck, , , the Ranger School gate is 20 miles from my driveway & is often the first Gravel of the day!! I can do 150 miles from my house & back with about 100 miles of gravel!! We run into lots of Trainees on those rides!! :) Every time we see them we stop & Thank them, , , if THEY have time!! Most the time they think it's cool that a couple of old Guys are riding dirt bikes in the hills!!

That's cool. As a matter of fact I remember seeing people on bikes or four wheelers as I stumbled through the woods. When I imagine riding in that type of environment I think for my time there. It would be an awesome place to live.

Howdy everyone!! I'm a Newby to this Forum & wanted to introduce myself!! I'm an Old Guy (66) and am retired!! The inventory of Bikes mirror the type of riding I like to do!! For the first 10 or 12 years of my riding life it was exclusively Dirt Bikes!! I still ride off road although I understand fully the length of time it takes to heal now!! :-( I also remember PAIN which causes me to back off, , , well, , , sometimes!! I have an 06 ST1300 that is going away soon!! I love it but the NC will do everything I want in a street bike!! I have a 2013 CRF250L for local Forest Gravel and Single track stuff that I have to ride on public roads to get to!! I have a 2007 CRF230F and a 2000 XR200R for woods & potential Vintage stuff!! I have a 71 CM70 for pure Vintage, , , and a 71 CT90 for the Pit-Bike!!

Come on down, , , over or up to North Georgia & we'll go for whatever kind of riding you want to do!!

Thanks,

Alfred Kirkland
Dahlonega, GA.

0.jpg

Howdy from Texas, yearroundrider. We ride year round here also!

smileycowboy.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
Greetings to you all people!
I registered mainly to ask you folks of how you see a different NC model I have in mind but after editing a fat new thread and posting it in the general NC700 discussion I see it nowhere - duh! :confused:

*edit* Nevermind, just found out why

Last edited:
HI all,

I'm new here. I currently have ST1300, bought it new in 08 and I have about 73k on it. sadly I haven't done any touring since 09, only riding around home and to/from work since then. work was nice enough to give me a take home car, so that cut my riding down even more. I'm thinking about downsizing to the NC. just curious, how is the NC for dirt riding? when I ride I seem to end up on dirt roads...a lot ;o) .... ST can do them, but it usually comes with a big pucker factor... is it better to put dirt tires on it? or just keep the stock tires on it? been doing a lot of reading here, and it looks like it will handle the wife too when she wants to go for a ride, together we only weigh about 280lbs

HI all,

I'm new here. I currently have ST1300, bought it new in 08 and I have about 73k on it. sadly I haven't done any touring since 09, only riding around home and to/from work since then. work was nice enough to give me a take home car, so that cut my riding down even more. I'm thinking about downsizing to the NC. just curious, how is the NC for dirt riding? when I ride I seem to end up on dirt roads...a lot ;o) .... ST can do them, but it usually comes with a big pucker factor... is it better to put dirt tires on it? or just keep the stock tires on it? been doing a lot of reading here, and it looks like it will handle the wife too when she wants to go for a ride, together we only weigh about 280lbs

3.jpg

Howdy from Texas.

As for tires see: http://nc700-forum.com/forum/tire-tech-talk/4984-tires-fit-nc700.html

If your wife will be riding often look at Russell Day Long.

smileytexan.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
thanks for the info. Unfortunately, my 28" inseam doesn't agree with russell seats. I'll probably just send it to Spencer (Page 1) and let him work his magic on it. I like what he did to my ST seat...

thanks for the info. unfortunately my 28" inseam doesn't agree with a russell seat. I'll probably just send the seat to Spencer (Page 1) he did a good job on my ST seat...

HI all,

I can only speak from my experience. I end up on a lot of back roads (dirt) in Arkansas. The stock tires do not work well with loose gravel/rock, mud, or wet grass. I have been lucky so far and not dumped the bike but I've came close several times. Compact dirt trails are not bad. If you think you'll be on a lot of dirt I would seriously think about a different set of tires.

HI all,

Welcome Dan! I put a lot of miles on my NCX on gravel / dirt roads exploring my old stomping grounds. It will beat the ST any day of the week on these roads. I have done the same type of roads on my old GL1200, but its a lot more fun on the NCX. I will admit that it would be easier with off road tires, but since I travel too many commuting miles on pavement I just suck it up with street tires.
The low center of gravity with the NCX makes it a walk in the park. If you were in my neck of the woods, I would let you try my bike to see if it would work for you.
This bike is a keeper for me..

Hi there from Lisbon!

I'm a new owner of a (beautiful :D) white Honda NC700X DCT.
I bought it in August 2013, and in November I had an accident! :mad: (not my fault!!)

I also attend a NC700 portuguese forum so I can learn some things about our bike.
Now I'm also here, so I can also learn from your experience!

Cheers to all!

thanks for the info on the tires and seats guys. A russell seat would be nice, but my 28" inseam doesn't agree them... I'll just send it to Spencer (Page 1) and let him work his magic on it. I was very happy with what he did not my ST seat...

Back