• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New member welcome thread..

"I live as an expats in Abu Dhabi, UAE, and originally from Indonesia"

Have you meet Jeffrey Polnaja, Indonesia?

Ride for Peace - Ride Til the Edge of the World

JeffreyPolnaja_Kabul_Afghanistan.jpg

Ride For Peace is a continuous motorcycle riding Around the World. Solo ride, no crews, no supporting team. The journey is divided in two legs. The First Leg has been accomplished: start from Jakarta, Indonesia on April 2006, end up in London, UK... Explored Asia including conflict countries - Afghanistan etc, North Africa and Europe.

Now he is running the Second Leg, riding from Paris, France back to Jakarta thru' Trans Siberia, Alaska, venturing North America, Central America, South America, Australia and back to Indonesia in 2015. Right now, Jeffrey Polnaja is in the USA, the 78th country that he has visited...

Video: Ride For Peace - YouTube

Howdy from Texas, welcome to the forum!

6.jpg

SmileyCowboyThumbsUP.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
I actually met Jeffrey this week at Horizons Unlimited. We talked for about 30 minutes. What a great personality! If anyone has the right attitude about life, it is Jeffrey Polnaja.

7.jpg

SmileyLoveandPeace.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
I actually met Jeffrey this week at Horizons Unlimited. We talked for about 30 minutes. What a great personality! If anyone has the right attitude about life, it is Jeffrey Polnaja.

yes. he's a man of character, considering all the trouble along the way being solo, even losing the bike (stolen in Amsterdam)!

Hi there,
I'm another new owner of a 2013 NCX700S. I just came back from the dealer with paperwork in hand and will be picking it up in 2 days.
I recently (2 weeks ago) took a riding course and got my license, now just looking to get some experience on the road before the snow hits.
Yes, we get snow here as early as October (i'm in Calgary, Alberta).

Dennis

Greetings from the pacific north wet from a fellow Canuck Dennis. Enjoy your new bike and have fun riding. BTW, our hockey team may be almost as bad as yours this year... almost ;)

Hi everyone.

I just got NC700X 2012 a couple of weeks ago, and rode the bike since then every night (daytime is too hot during summer time over here) to get familiarized with the motorcycle (never had a motorcycle with engine size more than 250cc, so I thought this one has a different handling).

I found out the handling is not much different with a lighter motorcycle (had ninja 250 before), except lower band of rpm, and love the bike since then, attributed to the looks and the handling (i guess these are subjectives, but hey, having fun is a subjective thing isn't it? :)) and the fuel economy and the longer period of maintenance (these are hard facts :)).

Really glad to find this forum and looking forward to partaking in discussions about the motorcycle and motorcycling.

BTW, I live as an expats in Abu Dhabi, UAE, and originally from Indonesia.

The more I think about it, "Abu Dhabi" is just plain fun to say. :)

A belated welcome to you.

Greg

Howdy, I am OCR. I have an NC700X. On Monday, I Ride, on Tuesday, I Ride, on Wednesday, I Ride, on Thursday, I Ride, on Friday, I Ride, on Saturday, I Ride, on Sunday, I Ride, and every now and then just to relieve the stress, I Ride. That's about all I got to say on that matter.

0.jpg

SmileyCowboy10GallonHat.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
Howdy, I am OCR. I have an NC700X. On Monday, I Ride, on Tuesday, I Ride, on Wednesday, I Ride, on Thursday, I Ride, on Friday, I Ride, on Saturday, I Ride, on Sunday, I Ride, and every now and then just to relieve the stress, I Ride. That's about all I got to say on that matter.
Hi OCR (I thought I saw somewhere in this forum you go by initial JR. But apparently I was mistaken).
Nothing wrong with enjoying the life, is it? So long as all responsibilities are taken care of. Well, that's what life is to me, at least. Cheers. :D

My name is Don and I live in a tiny town in Oregon called Banks. I have been riding off and on since I was 18. I've owned a '82 KL250, '77 CB750F, '82 GL500, '06 FZ1, and now an '04 Buell Blast. Been thinking about the NC700x or the CB500x. Pro's and cons to each, but I'll have to test ride to see if either will get me off the Blast. 60-70 mpg and belt drive are cool, but the Harley engine sucks.

Do you ride always the same ..erm...ride?
:p

Hello all. I've a lurker for a while on here...that is until I purchased my NC700X today! Swung a deal on a 2012 that had 250 miles on it! I have been riding for about a year and half. Prior to the NC, I owned a Ninja 250R, which I rode the snot out of. I rode almost everyday, even in the winter. However, I realized a few months into my ownership though that I'm not a sportsbike kind of a guy, which led me to my pursuit of an NC.

Back