• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New member welcome thread..

Greetings from Alabama! Not new to riding (casual rider) but new to this bike.

Just bought a 2012 NC700X manual last week with just under 3K miles. Excellent shape. Stock except with aftermarket rear luggage rack.
So far I have:
  • Cleaned it inside and out mainly to blow off cob webs and dead bugs.
  • Fixed one missing side rail bolt the PO left out because the luggage rack wouldn't line up (simply dremeled out the hole in the rack).
  • Fixed a broken and misaligned rear tail light lens that was cracked from PO backing it into the garage wall.
  • Chopped off the front reflectors on the front fender bolts because it makes it look like a cheap scooter (I know...don't need a safety lecture). You have to dremel off the reflector section and keep the portion of the bracket (spacer) that sits between the fender and the fork so it doesn't crush and crack the fender.
  • Changed the oil and filter.
  • Most importantly I lowered it today (I am 30" inseam) using Soupy's at about 6 turns on the brackets and dropped the front forks (triple trees) 1" down, and lastly cut down (cut, sleeved, rewelded) the sidestand down about 1.5" total for proper sidestand lean. The feeling of control of the bike with this simple change is night and day!!! No more tippy toes!!!
  • Partially cleaned/lubed the chain that was crusty from sitting up but just got proper cleaner and lube today and will give it a full once-over. Appears to be no rust, just crummy.
  • Got a new AGM battery in today to replace the 3.5 year old battery that is on it's last leg from sitting up for the past year.
  • Givi engine guards ordered and in the mail. Will install those as soon as they arrive first of the week.
Soon the tires will be replaced before I go to the mountains as the original tires are hard as a rock, but I am waiting until I ride a bit to ensure I love the bike before making the investment in new tires.

My other current bike is a 2008 Suzuki Savage/S40 I zoom around on, so this NC700X will be more of a longer trip bike that the S40 isn't great for.

Was initially looking at a CB500X/F but stumbled on this bike by accident and couldn't go home without it. Really like the feel and the torque it has on the low end (the S40 is the same) as I'm not a crazy top-end-go-fast rider.

Stew

Hello ,
Thanks for having me on this forum.
I am Harm from the Netherlands.
I recently bought a new nc750xd.
Hope to learn some tips and tricks here.
Welcome and enjoy the bike! You have a lot of options to ride in and to interesting places where you live for sure. I just read somewhere that electric motorcycles are more popular in NL than any other place in the world.

Hello everyone.
Pennsylvania here.
Traded my 2021 CB500X for a 2023 NC750X DCT
I only have 200 miles on it so I can't comment on it as of yet.
I farkled the hell out of it for several weeks, I was unable to ride it due to snow.
Givi touring screen.
Givi handguards.
Givi kickstand pad.
Givi rear rack and V56 top case.
Battery Tender.
GPS mount.
Homemade lower fairing.
Mirror extenders.
Had the dealer install the center stand before I picked it up.
Welcome and it sounds like you hit the ground running with the farkles!

Greetings from Alabama! Not new to riding (casual rider) but new to this bike.

Just bought a 2012 NC700X manual last week with just under 3K miles. Excellent shape. Stock except with aftermarket rear luggage rack.
So far I have:
  • Cleaned it inside and out mainly to blow off cob webs and dead bugs.
  • Fixed one missing side rail bolt the PO left out because the luggage rack wouldn't line up (simply dremeled out the hole in the rack).
  • Fixed a broken and misaligned rear tail light lens that was cracked from PO backing it into the garage wall.
  • Chopped off the front reflectors on the front fender bolts because it makes it look like a cheap scooter (I know...don't need a safety lecture). You have to dremel off the reflector section and keep the portion of the bracket (spacer) that sits between the fender and the fork so it doesn't crush and crack the fender.
  • Changed the oil and filter.
  • Most importantly I lowered it today (I am 30" inseam) using Soupy's at about 6 turns on the brackets and dropped the front forks (triple trees) 1" down, and lastly cut down (cut, sleeved, rewelded) the sidestand down about 1.5" total for proper sidestand lean. The feeling of control of the bike with this simple change is night and day!!! No more tippy toes!!!
  • Partially cleaned/lubed the chain that was crusty from sitting up but just got proper cleaner and lube today and will give it a full once-over. Appears to be no rust, just crummy.
  • Got a new AGM battery in today to replace the 3.5 year old battery that is on it's last leg from sitting up for the past year.
  • Givi engine guards ordered and in the mail. Will install those as soon as they arrive first of the week.
Soon the tires will be replaced before I go to the mountains as the original tires are hard as a rock, but I am waiting until I ride a bit to ensure I love the bike before making the investment in new tires.

My other current bike is a 2008 Suzuki Savage/S40 I zoom around on, so this NC700X will be more of a longer trip bike that the S40 isn't great for.

Was initially looking at a CB500X/F but stumbled on this bike by accident and couldn't go home without it. Really like the feel and the torque it has on the low end (the S40 is the same) as I'm not a crazy top-end-go-fast rider.

Stew
Congratulations and enjoy the bike!

I live on my bike weather permitting. My attitude....I'd rather ride then sit in my car. Every year I put more miles on my bike then in my car.
Same here. I have a 2010 Honda Ridgeline I bought new now has a whopping 65,000 miles on it. Since 2010 I have put 250,938 miles on my bikes.

Hey gang,

I'm Ross Statham, I am new to motorcycling and I live in the western Florida panhandle. I'm 67 years old, just learned how to ride. Bought my 2012 model about two weeks ago via Facebook Marketplace. Couldn't be happier so far. (I have a couple of buddies from church who got me pointed in the right direction.)

This morning I took my first "serious" ride of a couple of hours-- we have hundreds of miles of country roads where we live-- and it's early Spring here-- so I got on the road early and really enjoyed myself. Rode up into south Alabama, then west, then back down into Florida-- you guys know the drill.

I'm a husband of 47 years, father of four and grandfather of seven-- and a Christian. Really like the forum and have been learning a great deal from you guys already.
My name is Shane Porter from Lethbridge AB CA and I just downsized from a Triumph 1600 to an NC 700SA. .My alley is still very icey but I am ichy to get out

My name is Shane Porter from Lethbridge AB CA and I just downsized from a Triumph 1600 to an NC 700SA. .My alley is still very icey but I am ichy to get out
Hey Shane,
I’m also a new member and just downsized from a Triumph Trophy SE 1200, to a 2020 XD. Bought the bike nearly stock, but it now fits my style much better with crash bars and bags.
Weather was perfect for a first ride yesterday (I was too busy), but a snowy mess today in Medicine Hat causing frustration. Fingers crossed this week will be better; might see you out there. Cheers.
Derek
(Another frozen Canadian impatiently waiting for sunshine)

Attachments

• B0CD6DD4-B7C4-4250-AB4A-960CD2A08794.jpeg
    B0CD6DD4-B7C4-4250-AB4A-960CD2A08794.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 5
Greetings, All! I'm the proud owner of a new to me 2012 NC700x, and I literally have members of this site to thank for it. I bought the bike that was reviewed and commented on by forum members back in December 2022. Its the second bike in my garage along with a 2013 Honda Goldwing F6B. The F6B is the king of the castle, but he's a little too big to use as a grocery getter.

The Givi bags and the frunk provide all the storage I'll need for local rides. I have no issues with the stock seat after spending a three hour, 90 mile backroads ride it last weekend. I've already put on grip puppies and a claw cell phone holder, along with the bell I got from a good friend on the side stand. The new center stand goes on this weekend when I do an oil change. Getting a new front brake rotor, new pads, brake fluid and coolant change next weekend. After that, I just need to find the best place for Bear, and then ride!

I decided to name it Samurai Jack - Jack for short. He's gotta help me get back. Back to the past. (Watch out!) ...When life seemed less complicated.

Glad to no longer be a lurker!

Fred

Attachments

• IMG_20230329_081216292.jpg
    IMG_20230329_081216292.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20230329_081159527.jpg
    IMG_20230329_081159527.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20230329_081150102.jpg
    IMG_20230329_081150102.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 6
  • Samurai Jack.jpeg
    Samurai Jack.jpeg
    5.3 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Hey Shane,
I’m also a new member and just downsized from a Triumph Trophy SE 1200, to a 2020 XD. Bought the bike nearly stock, but it now fits my style much better with crash bars and bags.
Weather was perfect for a first ride yesterday (I was too busy), but a snowy mess today in Medicine Hat causing frustration. Fingers crossed this week will be better; might see you out there. Cheers.
Derek
(Another frozen Canadian impatiently waiting for sunshine)
I lived in Canada for four years. Three out of the four years it snowed on the May 24 (Victoria Day) weekend during our golf outing at Nottawasaga. No longer a concern!

After many years as an ardent BMW fan, I have finally gone for the NC750X.
There are several reasons that made me make this decision.

The first and important for me, the controversial DCT, for some, but for me, a stroke of genius, and since I have an automatic car, I also wanted to transfer the advantages offered by this technology to the bike, and of course... the NC!

I live in a tourist area and that in summer, the population is multiplied by 10, becoming a practically impassable area, where every 20 meters you have to change gear, and start and stop and start and start and ....

Another, the weight and fuel consumption; from 250 kg empty and the height of a GS camel to something more humane and that consumes half, is another logical step that had to be taken.

We all know that oil is a finite resource. I think I've burned too much gasoline in my life, and selfishly, because I have... so that at least those few years of life left to internal combustion engines, I wish to rationalize them some more.

Anyway, a friend from Barcelona with a logical bike in every way.

honda (2).jpg

Last edited:
Fair enough. You should do fine with the 750. Enjoy!
Thank you for the tip. After reading your reply, I was able to install the Givi trunk and Rails. I wish the instructions were a little bit better though.
Sorry about the delay, here is a picture of it.

Attachments

• DSC02372.JPG
    DSC02372.JPG
    5 MB · Views: 12
Hi there all, just bought my new 2023 NC750X DCT in Matt Blue, not sure the colour is the best one, but it was in stock with no waiting. I have spent the last week adding bits such as a centre stand, Puig Screen, Shad rack and SH40 top case, radiator guard , hand guards USB port and a few other knuckle scraping bits :).

I have had over 60 bikes in the last 45 years of riding but my hands (particularly my left one) have real issues following a lung disease that eats away at your muscles - long story. My last few bikes were BMW S1000XR, Versys 1000, Tiger 800, Vstrom 1000 and now this 750 DCT.

The first thing I would say is that I love the bike and strangely don't miss the power of the litre bikes at all, which I really thought I would. Maybe when I go abroad I might, but here in the south of the UK with all the traffic and millions of pot holes, you just can't enjoy the extra power in safety anyway.

Looking forward to gaining knowledge from this new experience and at least with DCT I can keep riding which is the main thing.

Attachments

• 20230412_170538.jpg
    20230412_170538.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 4
Hi there all, just bought my new 2023 NC750X DCT in Matt Blue, not sure the colour is the best one, but it was in stock with no waiting. I have spent the last week adding bits such as a centre stand, Puig Screen, Shad rack and SH40 top case, radiator guard , hand guards USB port and a few other knuckle scraping bits :).

I have had over 60 bikes in the last 45 years of riding but my hands (particularly my left one) have real issues following a lung disease that eats away at your muscles - long story. My last few bikes were BMW S1000XR, Versys 1000, Tiger 800, Vstrom 1000 and now this 750 DCT.

The first thing I would say is that I love the bike and strangely don't miss the power of the litre bikes at all, which I really thought I would. Maybe when I go abroad I might, but here in the south of the UK with all the traffic and millions of pot holes, you just can't enjoy the extra power in safety anyway.

Looking forward to gaining knowledge from this new experience and at least with DCT I can keep riding which is the main thing.
Welcome aboard! My arthritic left hand certainly is a fan of DCT! Ride safe, have fun!

Long time lurker I decided to register, huge thanks to a lot of helpful content from other owners that has helped me.

I returned to motorcycling after a break of many years and bought a low mileage NC750X, it seemed like the perfect bike for me, not too fast, not too expensive, great economy. After a couple of years with I swapped it for the new model, and I have to say I am loving the differences in the new model perhaps with the exception of the frunk which still isn't big enough for my helmet despite being bigger in volume.

The new bike is run in after a great trip to the Trough of Bowland from Berkshire over Easter. The number of bikers in the North West is incredible, the Slaidburn car park had a sole car in and the rest were bikes. It was a pity about the terrible weather on the way back.

Hello from Mission B.C. Canada. I have been riding for 38 years, 30 of those on Goldwings. After multiple hand surgeries for Osteoarthritis (explains my name), the clutch lever was not my friend in traffic. Honda had a solution with the DCT! I love it, not only for the DCT, it is a lot lighter to drive in the city. Had the bike for 1 month and am enjoying adding my touch to it.

Back