• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New member here

Portilla

Reaction score
Visit site
I've got the itch for a bike and the NCX seems like its right up my alley in terms of space, price and performance. I used to ride a Beamer GS 1150 but it was a fixer upper and she's been gone for 2 years now. It's back to riding season where I live and I don't know if I can live without a bike for much longer.

Thanks,
Portilla

Welcome to the forum! Space, price, performance is what sold me.

So riding season is back in West Palm Beach, does that mean the lovebugs are gone for the year?

Yeah, They'll be back about May-ish. But the brutal heat and sudden and severe daily thunderstorms are gone and boating season is over (I don't go in water thats under 80 F burr). It's a rough life I know.

this bike is a great choice. I came from a Vrod with similar displacement to what you had. In terms of perfomance, this bike handles great, great weight, but in my opinion could use 15-20 more horses. Of course then the mileage would suffer. I am currently getting 73 mpg cruising between 70-75 every work day. If you want power, then best to find something else. Otherwise, this bike will leave a smile on your face after every ride.

this bike is a great choice. I came from a Vrod with similar displacement to what you had. In terms of perfomance, this bike handles great, great weight, but in my opinion could use 15-20 more horses. Of course then the mileage would suffer. I am currently getting 73 mpg cruising between 70-75 every work day. If you want power, then best to find something else. Otherwise, this bike will leave a smile on your face after every ride.

I rode with a Vrod some 2 weeks ago. HE was struggling in the mountain passes and twisties, and he looked very tired when we stopped for lunch.
The NCX is perfect for carving those twisties, and still remain fresher than most other types of motorcycles.

Don't take my word for it, go ride with some HD riders and some heavy 4-cylinder racers. You can tell by their faces after 3 hours.

To my way of thinking it's horses for courses. On my motorway trips up to Scotland I would take my Crossrunner or my previous VFR1200DCT or CB1300S over the NC every time. One reason would be comfort the other that these bikes would be more relaxed at motorway speeds over longer distances

Back