• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New Member from Chattanooga TN

TNtim

Reaction score
Visit site
A new member from USA Chattanooga Tn. I've had the NC for 11months a placed 14900 miles on it as of today. I've rode several day rides in the mountains of Tennessee, Georgia, North Carolina, Alabama where I can run around 350 miles of pure pleasure and enjoy some great views. I had a 3600 mile in 8 days around Lake Superior through Kentucky, Ohio, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Wisconsin and Canada in a wet July and camp almost every night, had a blast. On the Canada trip we stayed on Hwy 27 and back roads. Met some interesting people, mainly bikers.

Later to the Grand Canyon on route 66, picking 66 up in St Louis and visiting the parks and forests along the way over 9 days and over 4500 miles later. I loved Sedona AZ, Palo Duro TX, to mention a few. Route66 was the focus but road some of the fast interstates and crosswinds of the west. Last day we left Austin TX and 990 miles later we were home, 16 hours total.

Not many modifications, upgrade windshield, luggage, center stand, 2 AC with USB receptacles, twisted throttle engine guards, highway pegs, throttle lock, using SENA 10 communicator with the IPOD, and the greatest Air Hawk for comfort on long days. Would like to add driving lights, skid plate, hand guards. My best fuel mileage is 78 in the mountains of TN and worst is 58 mpg on the interstates of OK, NM, TX. Running my second set of tires, Pirelli Scorpions. I run 100% fuel when I can and 93 octane occasionally getting my best fuel mileage about 1-2 more than 87 octane. Fastest speed around 117mph in NM.

Best rides, Dragons Tail and Devils Triangle several times but the whole area is great. I don't get flat spots on tires in TN, NC, GA, ALA the best rides so far, 1000 of miles of twisted roads. Sedona AZ was nice coming out of Flagstaff, around Lake Superior was great and may be repeated.

Plan on a ride to Maine and to the upper west US in the near future.

I've rode my V Star to Key West FL and in ARK from Hot Springs up in the Ozarks for great rides. Going back to Arkansas on the NC700 in the near future.

So far I am well pleased at the overall performance and reliability of the NC.

Replaced tires, chain, sprockets and regular maintenance.

Most of the rides are on state hwys and back roads my favorites but I don't back off the interstate its just to straight. A few service roads and dirt roads but the tires are not great off road.

Looking forward to seeing more road.

Last edited:
Welcome.
Was it by chance your NC tith TN tags I saw at TWo in Suches, GA in September?

photo-2.JPG

Back