• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New Calsci windshield for NC700S

Trey,

Did you read the sizing procedure on their web site about lining up 30' and 60' targets? That would tell you how high your screen needs to be. Height is not a useful guide because different people have different ratios of torso height to overall height, and posture and other bike mods make a difference too. From the data you take off of the yardstick, you could pick the right starting height without guesswork. They will cut it down for you or you can do it yourself from their (or my) instructions.

I am with you on high screens and buffeting and have settled on mid-chest as the best impact point for the compromise between minimum wind blast and noise. But I continue to look for a tall effective screen. I haven't tried the CalSci, but I might. I think they take just about the only scientific approach. Their web site is very educational.

I haven't -- I'll have to sit down and look more carefully at the website, didn't notice the tutorials. I'm not used to being educated in parallel with being sold something all at the same place... good for CalSci.

trey

My tall Calsi is 27" above the headlight in the high setting, tape a yard stick or anything 27" tall from the top of the headlight and sit on the bike, I am 5'11", used to be 6', inseem(the important part) is 30" so I have a tall torso and maybe a little more padding on the keyster. I'm mostly just looking over but ride in a lower position at times and I'm looking through the window which I don't mind. It added a light nonanoying buffet but feels like it will keep me warmer in cold weather over the fast clean air with the OEM window. I'll prolly switch back in in the summer months when I only use the bike for daily errands. The tallest is only $15 more, you can trim it if needed or buy a short one and add the $80 gadget to make it taller.

Back