• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Never-Wet on the seat?

nemesis98

Reaction score
Visit site
Just bought some of that 'Never-Wet' stuff, and I was thinking if it would work on the NC's seat? Probably not - I think it will work perfect - if you never sit on it! But once you sit it will probably wear off - yea?

Anyone else use Never-Wet? what do you use it on?

I don't think the seat really gets wet as is...the water wipes right off. Also, get ready for slip and slid if you add something to an already slippery seat.

I bought never wet and put it on some boots. Did the water test and was impressed, water just bounced off. However, when I wore the boots while riding in the rain, I got to work and the never wet was gummy and worn off where the boots rubbed against stuff like the shifter, pants, etc. All that in one ride. Pretty much a worthless product for me.

Thanks for the feedback - looked like a cool product, guess I had to just buy it to see for myself.

drand - never thought about the slippery seat syndrome! And yes, the water does bead right off the seat as it is now.

I know enough not to put anything on the seat but someone here recommended Turtle Wax Ice for the plastic parts. It looked great but the next time I rode I could not grip the bike with my legs because the parts beneath the seat were so slippery. Lesson learned, I only use car wash soap and water now.

I hit my seat once in a while with Armor All mostly to help reduce long term UV damage. I don't have a problem with the seat being too slippery and it doesn't last too long anyway!

Really? When I take a ride after washing the bike and wiping it down I get a wet butt. I figured it was seeping out from places I hadn't dried or oozing through the seat cover.

Really? When I take a ride after washing the bike and wiping it down I get a wet butt. I figured it was seeping out from places I hadn't dried or oozing through the seat cover.

Do you have the stock seat? My Corbin soaks water like a sponge through the seams. Learned that lesson washing the bike and riding the next day. Now I take front seat off and cover the rear with a plastic bag when I wash it

Do you have the stock seat? My Corbin soaks water like a sponge through the seams. Learned that lesson washing the bike and riding the next day. Now I take front seat off and cover the rear with a plastic bag when I wash it

So I take it that you don't ride in the rain ??.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stock seat. My current system is to seldom wash it.

Back