• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

NC750x 2 up

Mohamed samy

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello everyone, i am considering a NC750x 2014 DCT. Do you think it is a good option for a long tour for 2 up on?
Do you think i should consider doing some adjustments for that?

Thank you, have a good day

We've toured on smaller less capable motorcycles when my wife and I were in our 20's in the early 70's (like an RD 350 Yamaha). Sometimes you are forced to use the tools you have. if it's the only tool you have you find a way to make it work., but it wasn't until the late 70's and I bought a Kawasaki 1000 that touring 2 up became not a chore, but a pleasure.

Ther are a lot of bikes better suited for touring 2 up, but you COULD do it on an NC 750. Generally speaking...larger displacement, more horsepower, means larger rider/passenger accommodations, better suited for 2 up touring.

I think it's a fine option but also agree it's not a touring bike. If you are ok going 60-70mph and your passenger will put up with the average back seat, it will tour just fine. It's a great bike, but not really meant for touring. We have done a few multi-day trips on the NC, everything worked out fine. Like Ferret, I've also 'toured' on smaller, older, crappier bikes, like my old 1980 Yamaha.

I am just torn between the varadero xl1000 2009
But i am afraid it will be more of an old minded machine as it is a top heavy.

I am planning to go touring around 400 km one way and back but that may happen twice a year or something. The usual will be cruising around the town after a working day and weekend trip around 150km.

Wow, that's only 250 miles each way. I think you could make do with an NC for that, as long as you aren't overly large people and rode back roads at less than 60 mph.

Heck, a tour to me is 10 times that or more. Usually around 3,500 miles in 7 to 9 days. In 2014 I rode 5500 miles in 11 days across the US. (8800 km)

Wow i usually drive my car from cairo to marsa allam which is around 800km each way but I don’t know if i will be willing to do that with the bike.

I am 189 cm and 95 kg and my wife is around 75kg .

Having your passenger sit on the bikes might also be good feedback. Would your passenger be willing to sit on the back for 400km? In different countries that equates to different amounts of seat time.

Would it compete with varadero xl1000?
I have done 375 mile days (600km) with a passenger on the NC700X. We stopped for breaks along the way but everything was fine. I ride 200 miles (320km) in a day on the weekends alone and it's a nice 5-6 hours.

We do not have the Veradero in the US. It sounds like it's bigger and has a lot more HP. If you compare it to the Africa Twin that we have now, it would be a little better to tour but I don't think it would be any better for the passenger.

From what you said, you don't own the NC750, and you are going on a long tour. You have already gotten sufficient feedback that the bike is not great for your intended use, but it can be done. How old are you and your partner? Older folks tend to not want to put up with lack of comfort, but it depends on the people.

If you are buying a bike, there is a lot to consider, its mileage, the model's reliability, its condition when you buy it, and of course it's suitability for its intended use. Don't shop alone, and see what your partner thinks about the seating. You also need room to carry clothing and gear (camping, maybe?) and power to haul that with you.

Don't forget about the maximum weight rating capacity of 195kg for the NC750. At 170kg total between you and your wife (is that with or without helmets and gear on?) you're already getting close to maximum and haven't accounted for any cases/bags/mounts/cargo/etc. yet. I would think this touring venture on an NC750 would be quite uncomfortable and physically taxing both for the riders and the NC, but I stopped pushing limits years ago.

Hello everyone, i am considering a NC750x 2014 DCT. Do you think it is a good option for a long tour for 2 up on?
Do you think i should consider doing some adjustments for that?

Thank you, have a good day
Last summer I thought my 2006 650 Vstrom with 150,000 km was getting too long in the tooth for long rides so I bought a low mileage 2017 NC750X. After a short ride (50 km), my pillion announced that she would not be riding with me to Florida (from central Canada) on that bike, so we took the Strom. She is OK with 1000 plus km days on the Strom, but 50 km on the NC was painful for her. We took the Strom and it ran great.
Solo, with some seat modifications, both bikes are comfortable for me for long days. I think the Strom is a better "pack mule" It handles just fine with two up and lots of luggage, but it is top heavy and tall. I am a scrawny 140 pounds (63 kgs) and 5'10 (175 cm) tall. My pillion is shorter and a bit heavier than me. The NC is a better sized for me. If I were a few inches taller, the NC might be too cramped, and the Strom would be the better fit. Once rolling, the weight of motorcycles disappear, but all the weight comes back when you are stopped or doing low speed maneuvers.
The natural position for motorcycles is stationary, lying on the ground. When upright, they are defying the laws of gravity. My Strom has found its natural position a few times.

Last edited:
Last summer I thought my 2006 650 Vstrom with 150,000 km was getting too long in the tooth for long rides
Your bike has only c.94,000 miles on the clock. If it is running fine with no obvious problems and not burning oil, there is no reason not to keep riding on it. I like my VStrom 650 a lot, and am dipping my toes into buying an NC by hanging out here for a while. The Strom, while it gives me the feeling that it will run forever, is just too tall and top heavy for me to be comfortable with it whenever I slow and stop.

Back