• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Change LCD to TFT

intek

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello friends, I saw a color TFT display of a X ADV 750 for sale, the price is affordable and I thought if it was possible to replace it with the LCD one of my 2023 NC750X.
The connector is the same, but I don't want to cause trouble, this person also has the left handlebar control block, however, for the attacks I would make a customized frame with a 3D printer.
Do you think it is possible to replace it? Thank you

Attachments

• display.jpg
    display.jpg
    287.1 KB · Views: 15
I'll watch this with interest if you try it. I would think it virtually impossible that it would be plug 'n play due to software, sensors, data sent, pinout, etc. But who knows!

Hello friends, I saw a color TFT display of a X ADV 750 for sale, the price is affordable and I thought if it was possible to replace it with the LCD one of my 2023 NC750X.
The connector is the same, but I don't want to cause trouble, this person also has the left handlebar control block, however, for the attacks I would make a customized frame with a 3D printer.
Do you think it is possible to replace it? Thank you
If it is reasonable, buy it, give it a shot, and if it doesn't work sell it online.

...Do you think it is possible to replace it?...
From a technical point of view, if you don't have at least electrical diagrams with a description of the connections, the answer to whether it can be done: yes or no? ... you have a 50% chance that you will succeed.

From a technical point of view, if you don't have at least electrical diagrams with a description of the connections, the answer to whether it can be done: yes or no? ... you have a 50% chance that you will succeed.
I have the wiring diagram of the nc750x 2021, which is the same as the 2023, I am missing the one for the X-ADV 750. I can't find it. However, I mounted the X ADV 750 anti-theft device on an NC750X without any particular problems (only one bracket changes).

maybe, it's the same ...
Intek,
First, I have to apologize. It was a joke. I wanted to discourage you in this way because I think you have little chance of making such a combination meter installation without the exact specifications of both models. What you show is a pictogram from an OEM parts vendor.
What you need is at least a wiring diagram from the service manual. If I heard correctly, Honda no longer sells service manuals. You can subscribe to them. You should ask at your local forum, Honda dealer or one of the local shops that specialize in such modifications.
I could only find the owner's manuals for two X-ADV 750 models, but this is not enough.

Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Capture 3.JPG

I think this is a page for subscriptions to Honda manuals.

Don't worry, I know it's not a simple thing, but what's the point in doing simple things?
I am an electronics and IT expert, so I have studied the two platforms a bit, even if I don't have the electrical diagram of the X-ADV. I think that like all systems it uses standard BUS communication, the only complication could have been the inertial platform, which however is not present on the X-ADV.

Don't worry, I know it's not a simple thing, but what's the point in doing simple things?
I am an electronics and IT expert, so I have studied the two platforms a bit, even if I don't have the electrical diagram of the X-ADV. I think that like all systems it uses standard BUS communication, the only complication could have been the inertial platform, which however is not present on the X-ADV.
Oh, I stopped worrying a long time ago. I have spent many years dealing with electronic devices, professionally and out of interest. But since the entire systems have been packaged into a single integrated circuit and are in common use, I no longer see any room for modifications and diagnostics. Not worth the trouble.
It is possible that Honda, to save money, uses the same internal design in similar combination meters and only differs in the display. So good luck. I used to enjoy this type of technical challenge. But without technical knowledge about the device, I didn't try to do it.
Let us know about your progress.

Back