• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

nc700s , vs nc700x, 2012

tyorke1

Reaction score
Visit site
Im looking at buying the 700s 2012, is there that much difference in seat hright and riding position, im 6'2 . also it only has 1800km, is there still warrant left, thanks new rider

I cant answer for the 700s, but I have the 700x. I'm 5'10" with a 30" inseam, the preload maxed out and rox risers. I can exactly flat foot it (with almost no kbee nmbend left) and the ergos are completely neutral.

The seat height on the S is a little lower. There might be a thread here on the actual height or google it. The bar rise on the S is also about an inch lower which puts your body a touch more forward than the higher rise X bars. Off to work :)

I've had both. For my height (5' 9.5") the S was a better fit. The X seems tall for me and harder to maneuver backing out of the garage and such. That said, I think the S would feel too low for you at 6'2". The X would be a better fit.

Now to get Honda to sell the S in the US...

I've had both. For my height (5' 9.5") the S was a better fit. The X seems tall for me and harder to maneuver backing out of the garage and such. That said, I think the S would feel too low for you at 6'2". The X would be a better fit.

Now to get Honda to sell the S in the US...

I'm 5'6" so I totally agree with this. The S for my height fit better for reaching the ground. Sadly I don't see the S being made for Canada any more either. I sure like mine though :)

Has the S been sold in the US? I haven't seen hide nor hair of one in the wild, nor have I ever heard mention.
I'm curious to see what the suspension differences are that result in the lower height- particularly the rear. i.e., how much risk of tire/fender contact with lowering links. Probably need to spend more time searching around here.

In Canada there was the original 700S which got upgraded to 750S. They can be still be found used but they are uncommon and no longer made for the market. if you are from the US you would need to determine the import requirements and then travel to get it in Canada.

If money is no object I think the 750S is still made for Europe :)

Back