• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

nc700 rear rack

That rack is the best thing since sliced bread! I'm thinking a passenger could still ride up there with an airhawk cushion.. haven't tried it yet though.

OK, somebody has to say it so it may as well be me: Dale's rack probably wouldn't be any worse than the stock passenger seat.

Ok, just to make sure I'm not missing out on any of Dales aftermarket creations, there is the rack, the folding shift lever and the now discontinued skid plate. Any other goodies I am overlooking?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I am still making racks, making four, one is presold, so i will have three with holes, one without ready in about two weeks. Thanks Dale

I've been struggling on what to do with my bike. 95% of the time it's a commuter so I don't really want big chunky luggage on it. However when I travel... we usually camp and it's nice to load up. I don't ride double so some storage that is also a backrest is the ultimate luxury.

What do you think about the most "holy" of racks and then bolt on a box like this?

IMG_20150509_133630.jpg

I got a 2015 NC700XD yesterday. My list of farkles starts with #1 Sargent Seat (front only), #2 Dale's Rear Rack. Am I correct in assuming that the rack will work okay with the Sargent seat?

I got a 2015 NC700XD yesterday. My list of farkles starts with #1 Sargent Seat (front only), #2 Dale's Rear Rack. Am I correct in assuming that the rack will work okay with the Sargent seat?

I believe that i have made enough gap, on the front of the plate to just clear, most seats. I have not had any one tell me that there rack, did not fit. It is very hard to make everything always fit with every other acc without modifying anything. If anyone has problems please pm me. The racks with fuel holes may fit very tight on the latchs, and have to be forced down the first few times, this is normal, since the racks are not opened daily, i do not want them to rattle, or be to loose.
And i do refit on my bike after powder coating, before shipping. Thanks Dale

I believe that i have made enough gap, on the front of the plate to just clear, most seats. I have not had any one tell me that there rack, did not fit. It is very hard to make everything always fit with every other acc without modifying anything. If anyone has problems please pm me. The racks with fuel holes may fit very tight on the latchs, and have to be forced down the first few times, this is normal, since the racks are not opened daily, i do not want them to rattle, or be to loose.
And i do refit on my bike after powder coating, before shipping. Thanks Dale

My seat rack was sticking in the latches so I filed the powder coating off of the two tabs, now it doesn't stick anymore.

Dale, just a thanks for your rack. Have ridden with it from Ft. Lauderdale to Atlanta on my way up to the MP3 Spring Gathering at Little Switzerland, NC on the Blue Ridge Parkway. It is just what I needed to compliment my Givi top case.

Did your rack have a fuel hole? Dont make the latchs to loose, the less movement in them the better. Dale

Mine has the fuel hole. It was sticking so I tried opening and closing it multiple times and saw the powder coating being removed. I filed a little at a time, test fit, file, test fit. It's snug in the latches, doesn't wiggle at all. The rack is still worth every penny paid for the peace of mind that I'll never be locked out of access to the fuel tank plus I never have to remove whatever I'm carrying back there to refuel. I haven't checked but it looks like there is enough room under the rack for a tool kit. the only thing under there now is the helmet cable that I never think about and a cargo net. I'll be putting the stock seat back on temporarily when I have the frunk lock "Updated" by Honda.

Cool glad that you like it. Thanks Dale
Just a side note, would anyone like to see any changes in this rack design? Always looking to make things as usefull as possible. Dale

Mine fit just fine with my Sargent seat too, did have to add one washer to the right rail to get that side to touch, everything fit nice and snug, very happy!

Back