• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

NC700 Honda Stopping Production (?)

What duk2n said, plus:

A) I already have my NC700X. I don't care if Honda stops building more or not.
B) The design is complete, it met the intended purpose, and the bike is in production. History has shown that Honda does not do annual tweaks on most models "trying to get it right", other than color changes. The NC will live on for years in it's present form until the "next big thing."
C) If the NC were a total flop, which it's not, they would simply cease production, like the Big Ruckus or the DN-01. Honda would not tweak it up with more displacement, shaft drive, DOHC or some other mainstream nonsense.

As far as this rumor goes, fugedabotit.

Greg

Last edited:
I can't imagine Honda discontinuing the NC700 for the aforesaid reasons. I wouldn't be surprised however if new variants were announced. I figure that they have a 3 cylinder NC bike up their sleeve. It would make a great touring/sport touring bike for the rest of us. I am supremely happy with my NC700x in any event.

:)
The NC has got old and new riders buying new because of its style, fuel mileage and cost. If they gave me an 800-1000cc with no mpg and weight hit, I would be interested.
That being said, I'm happy with the 670cc version and will have to wear it out before I give it up.
I would prefer them to keep the 670cc because I want my boys to have one also. Real cruise control would be very nice for me!

With the demographic that would be interested in DCT, you'd think an OEM auto style cruise control would be a no brainer. Put me down for one...:D

I am happy with mine the way it is. It has made riding 55-60 seem faster than it is, thus making riding fun again. Love my FZ6 but I have to be going a lot faster on it to seem like I'm going at a normal rate of speed. Lord help me if I ever got a real sportbike.

750cc NC yeah put my name down for one,,,I would prefer the same state of tune same frame and frunck,,maybe 2 discs up front,,and a small increase in the price to keep the Accountants from having a seizure... oh nearly forgot,,,,,a comfy seat!!!!!!

I'm a big fan of cruise control also, but I'm not holding my breath. Outside of something like the Gold Wing, it seems manufacturers only provide the option of cruise control on bikes that have ride by wire. Since the NC uses regular throttle cables, I just don't see cruise control as becoming an option on our bikes.
As to the original post, I agree with DanH. I think it's far more likely that the dealer was confusing the NT700 with the NC700.

Bob

Last edited:
I'm a big fan of cruise control also, but I'm not holding my breath. Outside of something like the Gold Wing, it seems manufacturers only provide the option of cruise control on bikes that have ride by wire. Since the NC uses regular throttle cables, I just don't see cruise control as becoming an option on our bikes.
As to the original post, I agree with DanH. I think it's far more likely that the dealer was confusing the NT700 with the NC700.

Bob

My RT has cruise and a throttle cable, so does the wing. Honda can't put the cruise on the ST or the F6B they aren't going to put it on the NC. Yes, I love cruise control. I use it more than I thought I would.
Mike

Consider: IF the OP's (Original Poster) intent was to get the phrase all over this board, so that it will show up in search engines... he's succeeding.

Moderators can always change it to "Is Haribo better than M&M's" or something similar... :p

And then we could have also an interesting discussion to follow. :cool:

I've been reading this thread with interest. I find it very curious by some of the comments.

Bigger more powerful engine? Honda clearly intended extremely high fuel efficiency with this model. Going bigger will hit fuel economy.
Cruise control? Who doesn't like Cruise but at the price point of the NC there is no way its going to happen.
Electric windshield? Same as above. This is a budget bike. Now, they could have done what Kawasaki did on the Ninja 1000 and did a mechanical manual adjust for not alot of $$
Better seat? I have yet to see any manufacturer offer a good seat from the factory. Some are less offending than others but usually form takes priority over function when it comes to stock seats.

Finally, my take on the NC's production run is that this will be a decent line for Honda. It offers alot for Honda. It provides them with a line of bikes that gets new riders into the showroom. With gas prices not dropping the high fuel economy and relative low maintenance almost make a good economy in terms of people deciding to ride. Even experienced riders(many on this forum) find the NC to be satisfying. Considering I have seen little advertising for this motorcycle, I think word of mouth alone will sell this thing. It'll be around for some time to come I believe.

Honda already has a more powerful bike in the "class" - Hoda Crosstourer. 1200 cc, comes with the DCT. All they have to do is bring it into the US and Canada... I think it will be happening soon too.

Last edited:
Honda already has a more powerful bike in the "class" - Hoda Crosstourer. 1200 cc, comes with the DCT. All they have to do is bring it into the US and Canada... I think it will be happening soon too.

I really like the HONDA Crosstourer 1200cc with DCT. Maybe some day for me ????
Honda only had the NC 700x state side only 2 years.
Like with other posts regarding this issue, GAS prices are not coming down. There just going UP and UP and UP.

Ken

Last edited:
I've been reading this thread with interest. I find it very curious by some of the comments.

Bigger more powerful engine? Honda clearly intended extremely high fuel efficiency with this model. Going bigger will hit fuel economy.
Cruise control? Who doesn't like Cruise but at the price point of the NC there is no way its going to happen.
Electric windshield? Same as above. This is a budget bike. Now, they could have done what Kawasaki did on the Ninja 1000 and did a mechanical manual adjust for not alot of $$
Better seat? I have yet to see any manufacturer offer a good seat from the factory. Some are less offending than others but usually form takes priority over function when it comes to stock seats.

Finally, my take on the NC's production run is that this will be a decent line for Honda. It offers alot for Honda. It provides them with a line of bikes that gets new riders into the showroom. With gas prices not dropping the high fuel economy and relative low maintenance almost make a good economy in terms of people deciding to ride. Even experienced riders(many on this forum) find the NC to be satisfying. Considering I have seen little advertising for this motorcycle, I think word of mouth alone will sell this thing. It'll be around for some time to come I believe.

Couldn't agree more, Craig.

I'm amazed how there are so many comments about the NC700X needing more power, more features, different drive train, etc., etc, etc. If a buyer is not happy with the features and price point of their NC, they clearly bought the wrong bike, or accept the fact that they will need to customize it. Honda (and other brands) has all those goodies, they're just on different models. It's not for Honda to change the NC, it's for the buyer to choose a different model from the lineup.

Honda seems to be on the right track offerring many new models at budget prices. For that to happen, you're going to have to do without the cruise control.

Greg

Last edited:
Well, I look at the history of Japanese streetbikes and they usually evolve towards having more power, just like the cars. Fuel efficient models come but then they kind of level off, like with the Prius (it got faster, larger, but not much more economical). Sometimes they trend towards being lighter, sometimes heavier (sportsbikes vs cruisers).

I find the power of the NC just right for me riding solo. Feels like a big thumper. But you guys are right about Honda being pretty set in its patterns. I'd expect any kind of "improved" model to not come around until 2016 or 2017. You never know, we could even see an electric version eventually.

Back