• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

My very first bike, and got it home safely

My advice is never never never ride a bike with shoes with laces... I hope you don't learn in the hard way how the laces can impede to reach the floor ;)

Me too! But i had the dealer deliver it for me. I have atotal of 70 miles on mine. I live ina large subdivision so i have lots of room to practice...I took it out on the big road this morning before the traffic got bad. The wind noise was surprising to me too. Anyway, I'm glad I'm not the only new rider here...

I had my first 'mission' with my bike today. My wife needed me to go to the store, so instead of hopping in my gas-guzzling 4Runner, I took my NC. I live about 4 miles from town, so it wasn't that far. I finally got to park it in a lot full of cars. That was cool. Oh, and the nifty storage tank came in handy. I simply love this bike more and more.

The wind noise was surprising to me too.

I highly recommend wearing earplugs on any bike that doesn't have a windshield tall enough to look through. On my NC, I never ride it anywhere without earplugs (and helmet) due to the wind noise. On longer trips you will arrive less fatigued without having put up with all the noise. Not to mention eventual hearing damage . . .

The soft foam plugs are inexpensive and quite comfortable. I also have custom molded plugs for extra attenuation when needed, but they are a little less comfortable over a long period of time.

I highly recommend wearing earplugs on any bike that doesn't have a windshield tall enough to look through. On my NC, I never ride it anywhere without earplugs (and helmet) due to the wind noise. On longer trips you will arrive less fatigued without having put up with all the noise. Not to mention eventual hearing damage . . .

The soft foam plugs are inexpensive and quite comfortable. I also have custom molded plugs for extra attenuation when needed, but they are a little less comfortable over a long period of time.

Excellent advice. I wish that wearing earplugs had been the norm when I started riding ll those years ago then I may not have developed the problem I have now

Glad you got home safe. I had 6.0 miles on the odometer when I noticed a cop in the next lane giving me the hairy eyeball waiting to pounce on me.

Well, went to pick up my NC700X a little bit ago. My dealer is only 3 miles from my house, but I was still nervous driving it home. The dealer offered to drive it for me, but I figured I had to do it sometime. I had my wife be my 'buffer' to keep traffic from riding my butt. I did kill it (oops) pulling out of the dealer lot, but got it moving real soon after that. I wasn't ready for the wind/noise, but I soon felt 'comfy' with it. I went 'slow' through the turns and I still need to get used to them. But, all in all, it was real fun. Since I've never had a bike before, I can't comment on how it compares to other bikes, but this one was smooth, and shifting was easy. I'm going to do some more practicing driving several miles, and coming back. I will be taking it slow, building up to the point on driving in a city/work.

Here is my ride:

View attachment 187

Back