• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

My new Parkland (Rocky) Seat

turbodieseli4i6

Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I got my new seat in today from Parkland Upholstery, and thought I would report my first impression of it.

First off this is the same seat Dale (HONDABIKEPRO) had made for his bike.

The first time I saw Dales seat, I thought it was a great design and I wanted one bad!
I called Dale and he gave me Rocky's number. I called Rocky and told him what I was wanting.
He was very pleasant to deal with and very helpful.

I told him I wanted it taller than stock, for my 34'' inseam. He told me no problem. All I had to do was send him my seat. I sent him the front seat and Dale gave Rocky his rear seat until I shipped Dale mine.
Thanks Dale!

I finally got the seats and installed them today. What a difference! This seat feels Great! The foam is very firm in a good way. Just like Dales seat by the way.

There is no sliding on this seat cover at all. I only got to put about 10 miles on it so far, but I can tell a huge difference.

I score this seat a 10!

Thanks Dale and Rocky for designing and making this seat!

I know this seat will be a lot better on me when I ride the IronButt this summer!
I will give more details when I can do a longer ride.

I don't think Rocky will mind me posting his company information.
Parkland Upholstery
Rocky Peters
[email protected]
(253) 686-6441

Here's a few pics of the new seat and the OEM front for comparison.

NC700seat2 002 paint.jpg

NC700seat2 003 paint.jpg

NC700seat2 004 paint.jpg

NC700seat2 005 paint.jpg

NC700seat2 007 paint.jpg

Attachments

• NC700seat2 001paint.jpg
    NC700seat2 001paint.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 1,488
Looks great. How much and how long? I had to get some foam cut from mine since I am a little short, so my seat isn't as comfy as I would like but there isn't much I can do without spending a lot of $$.

Rob

I bought Billy Budd's old seat off him and sent it to Rocky, so I could keep riding. Dale loaned me his rear seat and I sent him mine a few days ago. I forget when I sent the seat to Rocky, 2-3 weeks maybe. Call or email Rocky for a price though. I will say this, his seat cost a lot less than the others I was looking at.
I will loan my OEM front to anyone that can't live without their seat until they get theirs back.

Looks good.i wonder if he would make one and we ship it to each other.i try before you buy thing lol

You could buy one and send it to anyone that thinks they may want one, I guess. Not everyone would like mine, especially inseam challenged riders.

I bought Billy Budd's old seat off him and sent it to Rocky, so I could keep riding. Dale loaned me his rear seat and I sent him mine a few days ago. I forget when I sent the seat to Rocky, 2-3 weeks maybe. Call or email Rocky for a price though. I will say this, his seat cost a lot less than the others I was looking at.
I will loan my OEM front to anyone that can't live without their seat until they get theirs back.

Hi there! Nice seat!!!
I am interested to know what the difference is the "feeling" of the new seat as far as the hole in the middle.
When you sat on it, did you realize that all this time before teh new seat, you felt pressure on the nerve?

The idea with the OEM seat on loan is great! Even for some fee! (this way it will pay for itself for you).
I would like to sign up fpr that, because when my bike arrives (hopefully a couple of weeks), the first thing that I do is send the seat out to be redone, That's my story with every bike I ever owned....:)

Turbo diesel,
Does the stock rear seat fit and close okay with the new Rocky seat? Your new seat is quite a bit taller than stock.
It looks like Rocky's front seat doesn't go under the rear seat. Is that right? Did Rocky redo the rear set to fit correctly with the new Rocky front seat? Looks great! I may need to go this way.
PCG

Hi there! Nice seat!!!
I am interested to know what the difference is the "feeling" of the new seat as far as the hole in the middle.
When you sat on it, did you realize that all this time before teh new seat, you felt pressure on the nerve?

The idea with the OEM seat on loan is great! Even for some fee! (this way it will pay for itself for you).
I would like to sign up fpr that, because when my bike arrives (hopefully a couple of weeks), the first thing that I do is send the seat out to be redone, That's my story with every bike I ever owned....:)

It's hard to descibe the feeling other than its firm and feels great. When I put Rocky's seat on, it made it seem like I was on a totally different bike. (in a good way)
No fee, just pay any shipping cost. Maybe I can do another Pig Trail ride and report back in a few days. I still have vivid memories of my last run. PAIN!

Turbo diesel,
Does the stock rear seat fit and close okay with the new Rocky seat? Your new seat is quite a bit taller than stock.
It looks like Rocky's front seat doesn't go under the rear seat. Is that right? Did Rocky redo the rear set to fit correctly with the new Rocky front seat? Looks great! I may need to go this way.
PCG

Rocky matched the rear seat to the front and reupholstered it.

I forgot to add the fact that I my eye level seemed about three inches higher than the stock seat. I wish I would have got the tall CalSci screen even more!

Last edited:
Wow, that certainly looks plush and comfy! :eek: :D

I don't know why my stock seat is just fine for me, where as seemingly it's some kind of Marquis de Sade device for most owners? Maybe being a short arse, inseam challenged, fire hydrant build, has something to do with it lol :eek:

Hey, where does the rain water go?

Wow, that certainly looks plush and comfy! :eek: :D

I don't know why my stock seat is just fine for me, where as seemingly it's some kind of Marquis de Sade device for most owners? Maybe being a short arse, inseam challenged, fire hydrant build, has something to do with it lol :eek:

Hey, where does the rain water go?

Well it evaporates of course!

I was thinking you could fill the hole with ice on those really hot days. I'm very interested in this seat. Looks great.

Now, ride down here and let me see it in person. It's going to be a great weekend to ride:)
Mike

hopefully down, and not up! :eek: (although one does wonder about the possibilities of convection and cooling "comforts" on miserable hot days...)

heh heh :eek:
having rode with this seat from rocky, it is really good, the water drains out the bottom of the seat, on hot days the slot in the seat is really good, even with full riding gear you can feel the cooler air going threw it. i did have some nerve problems from other seats, and asked rocky to make me a seat with my design, to help me, the seat centers you and holds you in that spot, and you will not side forwards or back, like the stock seat. rocky used my bike to test fit jeffs seat. the rear seat will open and close with no problems. dale

hopefully down, and not up! :eek: (although one does wonder about the possibilities of convection and cooling "comforts" on miserable hot days...)
heh heh :eek:

Dale is right. It does have drain holes in the bottom. NC700X Seat  001 paint.jpg
I like the seat even more after my commute today!
So far no gripes. Several guy's at work commented on how comfy it looked. Their right.

That seat looks like a winner. I will probably go that way when I can afford it. Rocky doesn't live too far from where my mother lives, so when I'm ready maybe I can take my seat up, leave it with Rocky, visit my mom and pick it up on the way back home. Don't know how much time he actually needs to do the seat.

That seat looks like a winner. I will probably go that way when I can afford it. Rocky doesn't live too far from where my mother lives, so when I'm ready maybe I can take my seat up, leave it with Rocky, visit my mom and pick it up on the way back home. Don't know how much time he actually needs to do the seat.

I wished I could have dropped my seat off to Rocky personally. He is very pleasant to deal with on the phone and seems to be very down to earth.
He told me if I ever needed any adjustments to my seat, he would take care of it.
He is also a rider and knows what we go through with stock seats, he will make sure your happy with yours.
It doesn't cost much to call him and ask a few questions and I guarantee you won't be disappointed with his product. If you are, he will make it right.
I am very impressed with the detail of my seat.

Dale was nice enough to let me borrow his seat for a couple of days to try it out. I rode about 175 miles on it and the difference between the stock seat and Rocky's is amazing. Nice and firm, no sliding around and no aches after 3+ hours at one stretch. I should say also that I've had hip replacements on both sides and seat comfort is a high priority for me. I'm definitely going to have Rocky do my seat.

Back