• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

My CalSci windshield

There seems to be three front runners for windscreen for the ncx. The madstad, the puig, and the national cycle. I would like to hear comments of anyone that has tried at least two of those.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

BTW Trey, how was the show?

Eh, it was fine, nothing really spectacular. Seems to get a little smaller every year, less vendors, less bikes. The FZ-09 was good to see in person (it's really small), and the new CTX1300 was neat. A buddy got a really good deal on a Shoei helmet.

So, it was good. I just didn't need much, just went for something to do on a nice day :)

trey

Tried the Puig and the V-Stream. Puig much better than the V, plus it is less than half the price!
All screens are dependent on the rider's height. The taller you are the less screens to choose from. If your short, most screens will work great.

Tried the Puig and the V-Stream. Puig much better than the V, plus it is less than half the price!
All screens are dependent on the rider's height. The taller you are the less screens to choose from. If your short, most screens will work great.

Was it better because of height? Wider coverage? What differences do you remember between the two?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

With the VStream you get the strong tube bracing. You can mount other accessories on the windshield bracing. The windshield itself is polycarbonate, which is more expensive to produce and protects me better than the rest from flying objects. The only 3 year warranty in the industry. Yes it cost more, but you get what you paid for. I would recommend it to anyone. Some say it does not fit the bracing. It is a v, you are suppose to spread the windshield to fit the bracing. I have owned the puig touring, just a little small for my useage and body side. The puig is a good windshield. I have seen the madstad up close, also a good windshield. Don't believe you can go wrong with any of these three windshields. The VSteam fits my usage (Tall Touring) and my body size the best.

4.jpg

Smileywink.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
I also have a CalSci Windscreen, and have experienced this brittleness as well. I bumped a pole (actually parking my NC700 and walked the bike right into a pole... stupid mistake not paying attention to something right in front of my face), and broke off one of the wings. This was my fault for bumping the pole, but I would have thought the windshield would have been more durable. After reading this post, seems like it maybe something with the quality ... makes me feel a little better.

At highway speeds 70mph+ I do notice the CalSci Windscreen to move up and down. It is actually very distracting while I ride, since I am paying attention to the darn windshield move and the not the road in front of me. Anyway, I am going to give the MadStad a try. It seems the hardware is much more sturdy and should provide greater wind protection.
Winshield Fracture 1.jpgWinshield Fracture 2.jpg

Back