• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

My Brother Just purchased an NC700X. It's been a fiasco since he picked up the bike

Status
Not open for further replies.
I spoke to my brother earlier.
The bike did have coolant in it as I think most of us suspected after seeing how it was shipped.
That alleviated a lot of my brother's concerns and he's psyched to be riding again. (the first words after the coolant were "I never want to see another motorcycle")

I don't know what's happening with the dealer exactly, they were supposed to look at the bike today while my brother is at work.
They will probably double check everything the kid put on the bike to be safe.
As I said before, they offered to do the first service free, so they will AT LEAST do that for him.
If anything different happens I'll mention it, but I think it's pretty much dealt with at this point.

Just to clarify, the 4 year extended warranty was part of the sale, it wasn't just thrown in because of the incident.
My brother basically paid for that.

My brother said part of the reason bought the bike there was he's dealt with them in the past.
He said the service had always been excellent before.
Given the circumstances I'm pretty sure he'll be satisfied with the dealer's response, and it's more of an unfortunate incident than anything.

I'm just glad he broke down as quick as he did. I have a hunch the reason it needed a new bolt is because the nut came off the bolt and the threads were stripped. Otherwise I think there still would have been a battery connection, but I'm just guessing. A zip tie might hold the battery connection until he got somewhere to get parts, but I don't even know if he knew where the battery is and I doubt he'd have one with him.
When I broke down on my VFR, I knew the bike well and exactly what was wrong since it was a common problem.
This? On a brand new bike? Who would screw up something as simple as a battery connection?
I'd probably be looking for loose connections before checking the battery.
It just goes to show you can't make any assumptions.

Allow

James, I can empathize with the frustration of an incompetent dealer, and totally see the bootstrap effect of being angry and allowing that to kind of snowball on itself, especially if you get some replies with a bit of a sting to them, or maybe not a complete vote of agreement that (your brother) has been done wrong.

Having said that though, you do have to understand that being an internet forum where there are lots of different peeps with a lot of sometimes opposite outlooks, getting a not complimentary comment or a bit of an insulting attitude thrown here or there is kind of par for the course.

As long as this thread stays civil, I will allow it to continue. I'm hoping there will be some self reflection on everybody's part, as far as knowingly jabbing at the other guy for no real constructive benefit. It doesn't *have* to devolve down into the personal digs where everyone leaves annoyed and upset. What a waste.

Some people with low iq get to play moderator and want everyone to know how important they are. Not impressed!

Well, I'm not a noob, but can tell you a motor with minimal fins and cowling over the motor will overheat 95% of the time if it was originally designed for liquid cooling. Additionally, to assume an incompetent dealer automatically equals an inferior machine is immature and frankly reeks of internet trolling. I call B.S. on the whole thing. If the dealer is so bad, why not give us the name to prevent other riders from making the mistake of going there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back