• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Must have accessories

Hasse12K

Reaction score
Visit site
So i'm going too pick up my NC this weekend and i'm looking for tips for good accessories.

I've already made a small wishlist on ebay and this is what i've come up with so far:

Crash bar
Fender extender
Rear hugger
Radiator guard
Center stand
Heated grips

I'm not going to be able too buy everthing at once, i will probably buy one item per month or something like that.

So what are your must haves? Have i missed something?

Here are a few things to look at and what you're looking to spend on them. Mind you this is only a partial list :) have fun :)

Waterproof Phone Mount Case: $10.00
Pro Honda Spray Cleaner Polish (6 pack, 12oz): $40.00
Helmet Lock cable: $8.00
Tire Plug Kit: $8.00
Side Handlebar Mirror: $6.00
NC700X OEM Dealer Sales Brochure. $7.00
Battery Tender Plug (USB Charger): $12.00
Battery Tender Plug (Cigarette Socket charger, 12"): $18.00
Battery Tender Split Wires w/ 2in 1 Plus Fuses. $25.00
Battery Tender (Extra 10 Gauge Wires). $15.00
Camera adjustable Mounts: $7.00
Metric Tool Kit: $9.00
Silicone Fusion Repair Tape: $5.00
Air Compressor for Bike: $30.00
Honda Tool Kit parts & shipping: $60.00
Coleman ATV Seat Pad: $18.00
Better Used Front Seat: $90.00
Seat Gel: $15.00
KIJIMA Engine Bar Guards: $152.00
2 R&G Racing Round Exhaust Protectors: $95.00
Black Adjustable Highway Foot Pegs: $34.00
R&G Racing Stator (Left) Engine Cover: $107.00
R&G Racing Clutch (Right) Engine Cover Honda: $107.00
Barkbuster Handguards: $137.00
2 Fog Lights. $40.00
Wiring Harness for Fog Lights. $20.00
OEM additional Owners Manual (For Back Up): $25.00
OEM Service Repair Manual: $50.00
UK Workshop Owners Manual: $37.00
2 Torque Wrenches $60
10 back up Trip Clip fairings 6mm. $16
Black Lic Plate. $7
Fork Gaitors. $23
2 Winter Neck Warmers. $20
2 Rubber Shift Socks (and for a Break). $8
OEM Honda Large Touring Windscreen w/ Brackets: $100-$165
Foot Peg Risers. $40

Hmmm, this is going to be expensive, ain't it? :p

And i already orderd the cables and relay kit for 12volt, fog lights etc :)
Thanks for the tips :)

And btw, any tips for good sites that sells accessories and ships to Sweden is appreciated :)

Last edited:
[Here are a few things to look at...] Wow, "few" is defined by Webster's dictionary as "a small number." :eek:

Here is my priority list for someone in your locale:

1) Heated grips
2) Fenda Extenda
3) Centerstand

If you are using the Honda heated grips, there is already a 12v plug provided in the harness but they are pricey. If you buy a non-Honda, outside brand, you'll have to provide your own power source and that also relates to any other electrical accessories you choice to install at a later time.

If you're going to go down that path with accessories, you should first install an accessory fuse panel/w relay wired directly to the battery. The relay shuts OFF all of your accessories when the key is turned OFF. Many accessories do have an ON/OFF switch, such as heated grips, but it's too easy to forget to turn them OFF once stopped and may you come out to find a dead battery! The accessory fuse panel also minimizes the number of extra wires going to the battery posts which in itself can be problematic. I have a personal rule to limit extra wires to only one each on the positive and negative side.

All of my street bikes have always had an easily-accessible external hookup for a battery charger so I could hook to the battery without having to remove anything. If you have to remove/open the seat or plastic, it makes it too easy to postpone then forget.

I would check comments on a Rear Hugger before you buy one as there are at least two on the market which don't fit properly. I too want a Rear Hugger but have postponed my purchase while I do more research. Similar to Sweden, it's winter here in OH with white stuff on the ground so I'm in no hurry! My bike also has a centerstand and I recently installed a Fenda Extenda.

Good luck with your new NC!

ps. I've been to the Husqvarna works (in Huskvarna) several times so am familiar with that area. Beautiful country.

Last edited:
Welcome Again. I'll add a couple cheap things that I could not do without and I don't believe they have been mentioned. There are two things I use more than anything else that did not come on the bike. Keep in mind the primary use for my bike is communitng around Little Rock, AR. A large city another words.

I could not do without my RAM phone mount and 12V socket. All the other items listed above area great and I have them but the two items I could not live without PERIOD are the phone mount and 12V socket.

They are both really cheap mods too so if you like having access to google maps or any other map program these two items would be handy.

I'm not sure if any of this is must have, but this is the list of mods installed on the bike or being shipped:

Honda Centerstand
Honda Tall Windscreen
Fenda Extenda
Plot skid plate (official Honda JAPAN accessory) *edit
Plot chain cover (official Honda JAPAN accessory) *edit
SP Tadao Power Box twin tail dual exhaust
Grip Puppies
U-Kanyana adjustable levers
Givi ES1121 kickstand shoe
Vario adjustable pegs
License plate bracket removal
Front reflector removal
Motocentric Sports tail bag
Honda shop manual

I've had this bike 2 weeks and ridden it exactly once. No relief in site from the snow and cold.

Last edited:
[Plot skid plate (official Honda accessory), Plot chain cover (official Honda accessory)]

I doubt if either of those are "official Honda" accessories because neither show-up on the American Honda (company) website.

They might be sold by a Honda dealer but that doesn't make them "official."

I'm in agreement with FirtFlier's short list of three items.
1) Heated grips
2) Fenda Extenda
3) Centerstand

Also on the short list of must-haves, you should budget for a modified or replacement seat. It's buried in JoeZ's list, but I think it should be high on the list. Our poll shows that nearly two thirds of those voting felt the need to improve or replace the seat. See the poll here: http://nc700-forum.com/forum/nc700-mods/5995-what-seat-installed-your-nc700.html

If and when you feel the need for a bigger windscreen, proceed carefully. There are many choices out there. Some owners go through several iterations before they find a screen they like. The Honda tall screen is a good choice for some, but others hated it for noise problems. One size does not fit all. Do your homework.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the tips guys! I just picked up my bike on my lunch and rode it around a bit. I really really really didn't want to come back to work but i had too. Feels so good to ride!

And actually it's semi-winter here. It's about 2-3 degrees C. This far south it rarely comes snow and when it does it often melts away within a day or two. So hopefully my season can begin now :)

Last edited:
Having so much time off, I seem to be spending a lot on the bike and equipment. Here is a short list of what I have, so far...
1. Full set of Freeze-Out gear - glove liners, balakalava, neck guard, pant liners, shirt.
2. Paniers on order
3. Bilt Med DryBag
4. Kreiga Backpack (RS20)
5. Shin-high Bilt waterproof boots
6. Over Ankle Bilt waterproof boots
7. Omni-Cruise throttle lock
8. Crampbuster
9. Waterproof iPhone Case
10. Mount for iPhone
11. Camelback bladder for Kriega (already had the bladder, works perfectly in the backpack)
12. Rand McNally Road Atlas (kept in the backpack)
13. Drink Holder (not always on the bike)
14. Battery Tender
15. 12v Adapter that uses battery tender cable.
16. Rain pants, rain jacket
17. Motorcycle kickstand pad (great for soft ground)
18. Brake lock security device.

Upgrades and addons that will be coming once I have the extra cash. Not in any order.
1. MRA VarioTouringScreen Windshield
2. Crash bars
3. Skid plate
4. Tail rack and luggage
5. Heated Grips
6. Shad Seat upgrade
7. Rear Hugger
8. Fron FendaExtender
9. Handguards
10. Radiator Guard
11. Center Stand

By then, I should have the bike set up just the way I want it to be comfortable. I dont use any kind of credit card, so it may take me a bit to get everything collected. For some rides I have coming up, they are not leaving tarmac, so I am not worried about some of the stuff. Between the saddlebags, backpack and drybag, I can go for a week without issue. And that is assuming I only use the frunk for my helmet. It is also assuming I am staying in motel/cabin and not camping.

Camping is a whole nother list...

You should be adding two more things:

Race tech Emulators and Springs (or andreani cartridge kit)

New rear shock.

Glad you got it and are having fun with it :) when shopping, you best friends will be EBay and Amazon.... Not to mention our members selling stuff too. So, you're in the right place.

Back