• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Mounted Skidmarx Hugger

Where did you purchase it at?

Yep, that's what I did!

The Skidmarx hugger is fiberglass and the finish appears to be gelcoat, just like the shiny finish you have on a boat hull. Looks great but doesn't match the flat black plastics of the NC. So I scuffed the gelcoat with 400 grit, and sprayed it with matte clear. I thought about just spraying flat black, but was afraid the finish would be less durable.

I have to applaud Skidmarx for supplying very good stainless steel screws. Pyramid and R&G have forced me to go out and buy my own hardware.

I included a photo showing the brake line mounting method on the Skidmarx.

Greg

View attachment 2519View attachment 2520

Has anyone tried the R & G rear hugger?
yep I have fitted on mine y the dealer, I have to say it looks good and does a great job keeping the muc off. I wanted a matt look as it goes with all the other bits on the bike. Shiny was a bit too much as it looked a bit after market. The Pyramid ones are shiny i thin. Post some pics soon.

For those who have mounted the Skidmarx hugger, I have a question about the foam strip they supply. The instructions say to place it on the flange, but they are not very specific as to exact location. Is this strip to be placed on the right side where the mounting holes are, or on the front edge of the flange? As you can tell, I'm not the mechanical type so I need all the help I can get. And I want to make sure I do it right. Please help.

For those who have mounted the Skidmarx hugger, I have a question about the foam strip they supply. The instructions say to place it on the flange, but they are not very specific as to exact location. Is this strip to be placed on the right side where the mounting holes are, or on the front edge of the flange? As you can tell, I'm not the mechanical type so I need all the help I can get. And I want to make sure I do it right. Please help.

I totally agree that the instructions at that point are very ambiguous. Placing the hugger on the swingarm convinced me that the main area of contact was under the right side, like under where the brake hose runs. I filed the under side of the hugger a bit to ensure there were no protrusions. I placed black foam tape on the bottom of the hugger along that edge. I actually used some foam tape a bit thicker than what Skidmarx supplied just because I had it handy. YMMV.

I totally agree that the instructions at that point are very ambiguous. Placing the hugger on the swingarm convinced me that the main area of contact was under the right side, like under where the brake hose runs. I filed the under side of the hugger a bit to ensure there were no protrusions. I placed black foam tape on the bottom of the hugger along that edge. I actually used some foam tape a bit thicker than what Skidmarx supplied just because I had it handy. YMMV.

Thanks for the help. I have a friend who is presently putting a matte finish on the hugger so it will more closely match the black on the rest of the bike. It is shiny!

So I have added a few more mods, got the black adjustable handgrips off eBay. I mounted an a/c outlet to the handle bars, I put puppies on the hand grips and added a vista universal cruise control and a ram mount for my phone/GPS/and MP3 player all in the same. Pics.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Darn upside down, guys I was in Australia when I took these! Honest!

Last edited:
the trouble with some of these after market huggers is that they don't go far enough over the rear wheel.
they should be just past the half way mark.
most huggers are design to please the eye and not the job they suppose to do.
other wise I would have bought the givi hugger.
instead bought the skidmark.

Just for the record, I later sprayed my Skidmarx hugger with Rustoleum textured black for plastics. It is a near perfect match for the NC's black plastic cowls.

I got the regular black one. No problems with mounting that on my bike. I took it off though. It does a great job keeping the dirt out of the shock, but it wasn't long enough over the rear of the sprocket to keep chain lube from flinging up all the way up to the rear seat. I need to mod the thing.

Did you order directly from Skidmarx or through a third party seller? Their website indicates I can't order online from my region (US).

Back