• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Mounted and balanced new tire

QuinnSea

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks to all of you who contribute on this forum, your words of wisdom are appreciated by the rest of us lesser skilled mechanics!

3 Months ago I got small nail in my rear tire. I plugged it after reading how to do it here. Then after reading more posts about the potential problem with plugged tires, I decided to replace it. Went back to surfing the forum again for tire recommendations, I eventually decided on the Michelin PR4 rear tire. Now to change it, dealer or myself. More reading on the forum, I’m going to try this myself and best of all, I get to buy some new tools, hooray! Finally today was the day to put all the tips, tools and tech forum knowledge to the test, the new tire is mounted!

Some of you may be asking what happened to the old Metzeler tire, still sitting in the garage. If you’d like it (only 2500 miles on it) just pay for shipping.

Mike

Old tire with plug
OldTire.jpg

Balancing new tire
BalancingTire.jpg

Job done!
JobDone.jpg

I'll probably take the Metzeler if the shipping is reasonable. PM sent.

Congratulations on the successful tire swap. There's nothing like the satisfaction you get from doing it yourself.

Last edited:
Back