• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Morning Head Scratcher

SilverPelican

Reaction score
Visit site
I commute in the morning riding my bike on a ferry between Kingston and Edmonds, Washington. Motorcycles always get to load and unload before cars and cost less than half as much to take on the ferry.

Departing the boat in Edmonds I spotted what I swear was a yellow NC700x sitting on the dock to take the boat in the opposite direction. I was dumbfounded. There are no yellow NC700x's being sold in the states.

I consider to do a U-turn on the ferry dock but the rider is nowhere spotted around (probably in the restroom) and I happened to have left my phone at work the night before so no pictures. I didn't want to risk the wrath of the ferry workers so I kept going on my merry way.

I stopped at a light and asked my friend who also rides to work by motorcycle on roughly the same route and compared notes. He also thought it was a yellow NC700x. He asks me if I think it is a 2013. I say no. No word of 2013's yet. I say I think it is a Canadian on his way to Rich's (a local custom motorcycle seat shop that has quite a few Canadian customers). I get to work and pull up the Canadian Honda site. I don't see them in yellow. There is the 700s in silver and yellow but it appears the yellow is just a slight accent.

So I have no idea what it is that I saw. I can only guess somebody painted theirs yellow. I was planning on stopping by Rich's on Saturday to make an appointment and discuss if the rear seat would create any problems so I will inquire if they have seen any others yet or had a yellow bike in the shop on Thursday.

Solved!

Like I said I was going to do, I went into Rich's Custom Seats and Rich said he worked on my bike just two days ago. The yellow one I saw belongs to Tom Mehren at Sound Rider (web site of the same name). Before he put a single mile on it, he had it torn down and painted the same yellow as the Gold Wing. I can't confirm the picture in the photo is his bike but it makes sense that it is.

I have an appointment this upcoming Friday to have my seat customized.

I can confirm riding with Tom over in Kamiah, ID last weekend at the Happy Trails Rally and he was on his new NC700x that was yellow and black. Nice looking bike, rj

Back