• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Make the rear under seat compartment waterproof

Markino

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi guys,
is there a way to make the rear compartment waterproof or at least reduce the amount of water that wvery time it's raining enter in there?

Really?
I don't speak about the lfront ouggage box... I speak about the compartment under the passenger seat where is located the fuel tank cap....

Why do you care? There is nothing there but waterproof electrical connectors. Also, if you make it waterproof, it will probably hold water that is introduced from above through the gaps at the side of the rear seat.

I'd prefer that my cloth will remain dry.... :)

Maybe the "problem" is just where you explain: "above through the gaps at the side of the rear seat"
If it is... all of you may get the stuff inside wet. :)

The only item I have ever placed in the rear pillion seat is the helmet stay strap. It fits nicely and securely inside the very tail of the bike. Much easier than storing it anywhere else on the bike. How you can fit anything else under that seat, is beyond me.

The 2 times I have washed my bike, no water was present in this compartment.

I don't think so as this is how he describes it "I don't speak about the lfront ouggage box... I speak about the compartment under the passenger seat where is located the fuel tank cap."...

Exactly! Under passenger seat! :)

Sorry for my English... :p

There is a small void at the rear of the plastic, behind the gas fill area and almost over the tail light. I think that is what he is talking about. It is just the right size and I have a small tool kit in a canvas bag in that area myself. I had not thought about rain/water getting in there. Perhaps I'll have to rethink that one and put it back behind the rubber bands in the frunk where it is suppose to be.

Huh! I can't say I would have thought of that spot as one to have water find it's way in. It rains here where I live, a lot, and haven't had any go in there yet, that I can see. Sorry can't be of any help Markino!

I store a large elastic cargo net in the furthest back section of the tail, and a flat repair kit with three co2 canisters in front of that. I do have the flat kit and canisters in a heavy duty Ziploc bag, though.

The only item I have ever placed in the rear pillion seat is the helmet stay strap. It fits nicely and securely inside the very tail of the bike. Much easier than storing it anywhere else on the bike. How you can fit anything else under that seat, is beyond me.
well I moved my toolkit into the rear space, plus I carry a piece of non-slip for the rider's seat, plus quite a large plastic stand footplate
Mike

This bike has the largest waterproof storage compartment on the planet. Put something there that can get wet, or bag it.

Back