• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

MadStad adjustable windshield system for the Honda NC700x

I think that the handguards most of us have installed are affecting air flow more than expected.

Can someone who lives in Ontario please tell me what the cost of the Madstad windshield was, including shipping, in Canadian dollars, and how long it took to arrive? Thank you.

All in USD...

Honda NC700X brackets with 22" Medium Gray NC700X Shield and medium gray side deflectors = 289.95
10% discount = -29.00 (they currently have another 10% promotion on right now - code = MADSUMMER10)
Shipping = 51.24
Total $312.19

Ordered on Dec 7th, 2016, Shipped on Dec 10th, Arrived on 12th.

I have a clear madstad 20" frosted if you're interested and I'm in ontario but the catch is I'm selling only the shield, I don't have the brackets, you could probably be cheaper off if you just got the brackets from Madstad. Let me know. First come first serve.

Mark at MadStad has great customer service ....

The RoboBracket system has such a large range of adjustment - both the height & tilt, that most can find a position to fine tune the air flow.

I've used the RoboBracket system on a DR650SE, WR250R and Super Sherpa and it just works.

Also you can mount up almost anything to the brackets - not just the Windscreens he sells. I'm sure they would just sell the bracket system without the windscreen if you would like to go that way and use a different windscreen - you would just have to drill four holes to match up to the RoboBrackets.
There is a Madstad windscreen [20 inch]on fleabay , no brackets, so I called and they will sell the brackets for $119 + shipping [ouch] Seller is asking $90 + 20 shipping.I'm thinking 22 inch as my current set up is still too short. I can get a new Parabellum 22 inch for $176 shipped. Is the Madstad that much better?

I don't know, I never had anything else but the MADSTAD, every one seems to think the MADSTAD is overall best, all I can tell you is instantly after putting on the MADSTAD I was able to do 120 an hour with no issues of wind beating my head and before that I couldn't even do 80 on the freeway without getting hammered.

EDIT: kph.

Last edited:
There is a Madstad windscreen [20 inch]on fleabay , no brackets, so I called and they will sell the brackets for $119 + shipping [ouch] Seller is asking $90 + 20 shipping.I'm thinking 22 inch as my current set up is still too short. I can get a new Parabellum 22 inch for $176 shipped. Is the Madstad that much better?

You'd be within $10-$20 of a new one- I wouldn't. Madstad occasionally sells their returns or seconds at a 20% discount on eBay. I went that route and the screen looked perfect. Why not give them a call and see if they can hook you up.

It's about the highest its been since it crashed at the beginning of 2015. It may go higher but I wouldn't hold out on buying it for that reason.

I agree, this is probably as good as it gets for a while, from what I have been reading.
Are you happy with the medium gray? Do you find it reduces visibility at all? Thank you.

I have light gray. I think it could be substantially darker without affecting visibility.

I first installed my Madstad system according to the included instructions, went for a ride. It was certainly better than the stock screen, but still had a little buffeting.

So i decided to try flipping the winglets upside down to block the air coming up around my head. Success!

With the winglets flipped, my torso and head are riding in a nice quiet pocket of air :)

Deano

View attachment 34206

I did the same experience, first without the winglets then with and same conclusions, for those who are wondering how to fit handgards you can buy some just fixed on the end of the handbar, as the winglets do the half job you just need to complete the protection on the outside zone, Acerbis sells this kind of handgards mine got some leds with an inside battery, usefull when the bike is off and you need somme light in a dark place.

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk

One thing about the Madstad is that it seems to chip too easily from rocks and other road debris. I've tried the Slipsteamer and Cee Bailey and neither showed that penchant for chipping. :-(

I received and installed my Madstad last night. With the fluorescent light in my garage I thought my light grey looked pretty clear. Today in the sunlight I can see it is (very) light grey, a little lighter than I was expecting. Sorry the pictures are not appearing as portrait.

Madstad front of bike.jpgMadstad close.jpg

my light grey looked pretty clear

I didn't know the light grey was so light... I am glad I ordered the medium.. honestly, that doesn't look tinted at all - are you sure it is not "clear"?
mQ4jPQt.jpg

I agree , I bought a like new Madstad the day I read about them here. I installed it and with the Quiet Ride helmet it makes it more fun to ride further but the Corbin seat hurts my ***.

I've been using a Madstad on my NCX for the last 3 years and like it, but it is the Sport SD shape, kind of a squash egg/oval thing.

Has anyone rode with the Sport SD and new NC700X style? Is there a difference in ride quality or just cosmetics?

Thanks

i just put on a new madstad today, i had high hopes that this windscreen was going to help me out. i'm 5'9 so i got the one for riders 5'8 to 5'10. first trip down the road was a real letdown. i got a bad helmet vibration that just about makes your teeth rattle. i have it in the highest setting that just lets me see over the screen but its not high enough to stop the wind from hitting the very top of my helmet.

Back