• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Machined Highway Pegs

Since these are the first time he has made something like this, I plan on using them for a few hundred miles to make sure they work fine, and then send them to get powder coated. Maybe black or gray to match the frame.

I will let everyone know asap what he says about making more.

Definitely flat black or a darker gray to match the paint. The ones I have now are chrome and that don't fit the bike look wise at all.

To everyone that posted an interest in the Machined Pegs I have on my bike:
I spoke with my friend and he said he could do some pegs up like mine for people interested. I asked him to figure out a price and get back with me. I hope everyone understands he is not in the business of making aftermarket products. He said he will make like three more up so he can stay ahead of anyone else that wants some. I am confident that since mine were the first he has done that future ones will probably be even better since he is putting more thought into it. He told me at lunch that he had some other ideas for making the frame bracket easier to fit on the frame. On mine, it was a very close fit and he felt that might be a challenge for others to fit.
I used mine all weekend and they worked out great. When a price is decided, I will post it on this thread, and provide information on how you can order them directly from him.

To everyone that posted an interest in the Machined Pegs I have on my bike:
I spoke with my friend and he said he could do some pegs up like mine for people interested. I asked him to figure out a price and get back with me. I hope everyone understands he is not in the business of making aftermarket products. He said he will make like three more up so he can stay ahead of anyone else that wants some. I am confident that since mine were the first he has done that future ones will probably be even better since he is putting more thought into it. He told me at lunch that he had some other ideas for making the frame bracket easier to fit on the frame. On mine, it was a very close fit and he felt that might be a challenge for others to fit.
I used mine all weekend and they worked out great. When a price is decided, I will post it on this thread, and provide information on how you can order them directly from him.

Thank you for that! Waiting!!!! :)

In the words of Bubb Rubb Bubb Rubb "Whoooo Whoooo!"

(I don't expect the pegs to get up and cook me breakfast, although I would pay extra for that feature).

Please be patient on this one. I definitely will let everyone know as soon as my friend let's me know he is ready to start working on them. I have been road testing them so he will know the design is ok. I will use mine again this weekend for a small overnight trip down to south Florida and if all is good, I will be taking them off for powder coating.

I'll be so bold as to suggest a change in pre-production. The ends of the peg might need a flange, lip, raised edge (whatever you want to call it) to keep the rider's foot from slipping straight off.

What do ya think, other riders?

Good suggestion! No problem with that so far for me. The knurling on the peg seems to keep my foot pretty planted. I will pass the idea on when I see my friend though.

I'll be so bold as to suggest a change in pre-production. The ends of the peg might need a flange, lip, raised edge (whatever you want to call it) to keep the rider's foot from slipping straight off.

What do ya think, other riders?

I have two trains of thought on this. I'm definitely not saying I think it is a good or bad idea. Just posting my opinion which is sometimes better left unsaid.

1) The standard post on the bike has no type of lip and I have no probelm with my feet slipping off. It does have rubber and of course you have more downward pressure on those pegs so that could make a difference. It looks like he took that into consideration by adding teeth / grooves to help prevent the foot from moving.

2) If a lip was added I'd prefer a very slight ridge. I would not want anything large enought that might inhibit the quick removal of my foot.

He has a pretty basic design. I don't know how much trouble adding a lip would be. It may be nothing. Whatever keeps the cost down is good in my book.

Back