• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Lower Wind Deflectors

They are mounted with double sided tape and one hole and those little push in plastic self expanding pins. I was surprised to see they are made in Italy (not china or Japan).

so calbigbird you will be in a position to tell us whether they work. I had both sets fitted from new so I can't tell
Mike

Well, I have had a chance to ride with the deflectors in place a bit now. I can't say that I thought, "Wow that is better," but I do think they move the air away from the knees and ankles a bit. I haven't ridden it in the rain yet (a price we have to pay in So Cal) so I can't say if they keep any rain away from the rider. I am happy I put them on none the less.

I have both the upper and lowers, like the look and the difference they make. Thinking Im going to mount my foglights to the lower ones, out of the way, higher than mounting at the front fender and I wont have to put holes in my actual faring that way.

I've got both on mine and have ridden in weather as cold as it gets here, which ain't bad, and in rain. They work better than I expected and I wouldn't be without them now.

The lower cowl wind deflectors WORK!

I recently decided to purchase and install a pair of lower cowl wind deflectors. I searched Honda accessories and found that there are actually TWO Honda accessory parts labeled lower cowl deflector.
1. Honda part #08R71-MGS-A50 is the set for the DCT NC700X, they are smaller in size and require drilling a small hole in each lower cowl for mounting, and using a plastic rivet.
2. Honda part #08R71-MGS-A30 is the set for the NON-DCT NC700X, they are much larger and no drilling is required for mounting. The existing holes in the lower cowl and the holes in the deflectors align and are used for mounting. Honda includes longer screws, 2 flange collars and 2 smaller collars for mounting.
I just took a test ride with my newly installed lower wind deflectors for the Non-DCT NC and found the deflectors to provide excellent protection for feet and ankles from the cold wind. My feet stayed warm even as my legs and arms were feeling the chill. SIZE MATTERS. :rolleyes:
I got a great deal, $68+, and would highly recommend this item.
The DCT version, not so much.

Last edited:
I recently decided to purchase and install a pair of lower cowl wind deflectors. I searched Honda accessories and found that there are actually TWO Honda accessory parts labeled lower cowl deflector.
1. Honda part #08R71-MGS-A50 is the set for the DCT NC700X, they are smaller in size and require drilling a small hole in each lower cowl for mounting, and using a plastic rivet.
2. Honda part #08R71-MGS-A30 is the set for the NON-DCT NC700X, they are much larger and no drilling is required for mounting. The existing holes in the lower cowl and the holes in the deflectors align and are used for mounting. Honda includes longer screws, 2 flange collars and 2 smaller collars for mounting.
I just took a test ride with my newly installed lower wind deflectors for the Non-DCT NC and found the deflectors to provide excellent protection for feet and ankles from the cold wind. My feet stayed warm even as my legs and arms were feeling the chill. SIZE MATTERS. :rolleyes:
The Non-DCT version, not so much.

Thanks for the feedback on the deflectors. I bought these same ones for the SCT (single clutch transmission) from vodapas but haven't tested them yet. Looking forward to it now.:)

BTW, there may be a typo in your last sentence.:eek:

Thanks for the feedback on the deflectors. I bought these same ones for the SCT (single clutch transmission) from vodapas but haven't tested them yet. Looking forward to it now.:)

BTW, there may be a typo in your last sentence.:eek:
You are correct. I did make a typo, it should have said the "DCT" NC700X! :(

You will really appreciate the difference the lower cowl wind deflectors make in "cold" weather.
Hurry up and mount them.

Is that 68 a piece or for both?

At Procaliber they are $64.32 for the pair, but you need to spend Over $99 to get free shipping. I'm sure there are other sources.

You are correct. I did make a typo, it should have said the "DCT" NC700X! :(

You will really appreciate the difference the lower cowl wind deflectors make in "cold" weather.
Hurry up and mount them.

I'm gonna wait a few days. Current outdoor temperature is -3*F and the driveway is packed snow. :(

It sort of boggles my mind that several of Honda's official accessories require some alteration of the bodywork. .....it's lazy engineering

Lazy engineering is the exact wording I used regarding the rear carriers.

Honda can't be selling many carriers when they force owners to trim the body colored cowls, buy the bags/carrier mounting bracket, which is nothing but modified grab rails, shelving $220 OEM rails in the process.
Redesigning the 2013-2015 cowls shows the error in 2012, but still wrong regarding the rails. Givi is benefiting from that error. Must be the same kids that designed the bike w/the NC drive train.

Cutting body colored panels to install an accessory? How stupid is that?!

What part number ? Anyone with pictures of installed deflectors?

Part numbers in post #27

And here is a photo of the SCT version stolen from another thread referenced in post #20.
image.jpg

Last edited:
The DCT version, not so much.

Hmmm? Based off that I guess I need to get off my butt and install mine. I have had them over a year and they are still in the plastic bag. This would be the perfect time of year to install them since I'm still riding.

Thanks for the report.

012.jpgHere's another angle of my bike. I like the deflectors. They help on the highway in the rain, downside in the heat they deflect the cool air off my boots as well but I have highway pegs so no problem. Uppers work the same as well. I like the sleek look so larger was out. Ride safe.

Back