• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Love my Kuryakyn Highway Pegs

Strat I think those will look good,let us know what you think,that is a very good price.

I just put them on today after work and went for a 30-min ride on the freeway.

Merlin, the magician, in John Boorman's movie "Excalibur" says "...for it is the doom of men that they forget!"

If I could remember all the times I've been on really long rides (600 miles and up) when I've just stuck my leg out in front of me in the 70 MPH slip stream, I would immediately appreciate these pegs. It's hard to recall that now, so my first impression is
"hmmm doesn't seem like much."

You can't rest your legs on them the way you can the stock pegs. If I'm wearing boots with heels, I can hook the heel on the stock peg and let my leg relax. You can't do that on the Kuryakyn highway pegs because of the angle they're at. I can reach out and put my feet on them, but I have to maintain a little muscle pressure to keep them there.

Still, my legs are closer to straight on the highway pegs and that will be a great boon to me... if I could just remember how I feel on the stock pegs after about 500 miles. (NB: with the new Sargent Seat, I'm a little lower than I was atop the Bill Mayer Ego, so the leg compression problem is greater.)
I decided to keep them because I will enjoy them...on the longer rides. I know that. I just have to wait for that moment.

Pictures? Yes, I will post some, but it's dark just now, so that will have to wait.

as promised... photos... (looks a lot like what you've seen already)

IMG_1276a.jpg

IMG_1277a.jpg

IMG_1278a.jpg

IMG_1280a.jpg

It might be worth taking the brackets off and mounting them so that the bolt is closer to the ground.
I'd like my legs extended out all the way and down a little....
Thanks for reading this post.

as promised... photos... (looks a lot like what you've seen already)

View attachment 17037

View attachment 17038

View attachment 17039

View attachment 17040

It might be worth taking the brackets off and mounting them so that the bolt is closer to the ground.
I'd like my legs extended out all the way and down a little....
Thanks for reading this post.

It looks like you have your pegs canted towards the rear of the bike, instead of having them sticking straight out at a 90 degree angle from the bike... although depending on how far out your legs are it might be better if your feet are angled outwards from the bike when they are on the pegs.

Mine are mounted in the same place but I have the swivel rotated downward and a little towards the rear of the bike. That lowers the pegs, but it also brings them back towards you a little. I just ordered some Givi engine guards (crash bars) and they are also 1 inch diameter... they should give me more options for mounting my highway pegs. I'm quite comfortable where they are now though so I may end up putting them back.

This is the only picture I can find with the highway pegs... you can see mine are rotated down and back a little

356010.jpg

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1377879501147.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1377879501147.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 914
Last edited:
I think it's on the bottom... it's out in the parking lot (I'm at work), I'll have to take a look when I head home. It's been a while since I adjusted it so I don't remember.
in your photo, the bolt is closer to the tail light than the headlight.
I had to put mine that way too.
I tried to match the 90 deg. angle you have the peg at compared to the clamp, but pushing on it with my feet causes it to move forward, so I pushed on it, let it self center, then tightened.

I hope I enjoy it on a long ride, 'cause it's starting to be an expensive adjustment nightmare. I should just leave it where it is and stop thinking about it so much.

I rank the pegs as one of my top mods. I ran my bolt front of tube and rotated mine forward after trying all the angles for my best long distance posture, takes a bit of fudging. After a year doing fine,was going to make them black but decided to leave chrome. Very comfortable for the long hauls. p.s. blue locktite all the allen heads and main bolt once you have a final location mine have never moved.Posted pics last year on one of the threads.

Attachments

• 700X-pegs2 002.jpg
    700X-pegs2 002.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 564
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 609
  • Honda 700X    #2 016.jpg
    Honda 700X #2 016.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 642
Good photography and an encouraging post. I think I'll leave them where they are and just carry the tools to move them as needed. The road will inform me more as I spend more time on them.
(I was up late last night trying to get the pegs to look like everyone else's, and that's probably not a good goal. I've got them fitted so they don't interfere with the cowling or anything. That small divet on the left tubing makes me have to choose between bolting on below it or above it.)

Back