• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Look out the rookie is coming in!!!

SUMORYDR

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello ladies and gents my name is Steve and I'm located in Florida and will be going to pick up my new new "X" model in 2 days. Not trading in any of the other bikes just want a new one and this baby fits the bill. I'm an old school motocrosser and as of late I've been into racing supermoto's ( thus the name - "SUMO RYDR" ). I've had just about one of all the late model bikes and have finally settled on what I think is a perfect combination of street and dirt. The NC700X will be the street bike, the DRZ is the supermoto/race bike, and the DRZ 250 is the woods/play bike. Also have some minis too but we won't talk about them...

I've come over here to look for some goodies to add to the new bike but have no idea where to start. As a brand new motorcycle I won't want to do much of anything to it EXCEPT change the taillight assembly. Ugh, what a mess that is back there. Sure it is there for function and it serves well but I would prefer something a little easier on the eyes. I have seen one "tidy tail" for the "X" model but it leaves alot to be desired in my opinion.

Does anyone have another option for a new rear tail light assembly? Less bulky?

I've seen the one from Welcome to R&G Racing | Setting the standard in bolt-on motorcycle accessories and Crash Protectors but the tail light itself is kind of blaah. I'd love to fit a DRC Edge tail light assembly on the back of the new Honda but I haven't been able to put my hands on it yet to see if it would mate up. More to follow on that. If anyone has anything they'd like to share please do. At this point I am a sponge and will welcome any and all information you "seasoned" "X" riders will offer. Thanks in advance.

Steve

Hello SumoRydr "Steve", welcome to the forum 'hood. I'm still waiting on my machine, and though I'm not looking to do much in the line of mods, I'm open to 'improving' visibility from the rear, perhaps one of those gizmos that flashes for a few seconds before going solid red... More lighting can only help the situation. Thanks for posting the link the R&G. I'll be checking them out.

Hello and welcome to the den.

For me, the rear light is beautiful and neat.
I would not change anything there.
If you do, please make sure it is an improvement on the original set rather than an odd looking one.
We are eagerly looking forward to your butchering..
:p

Back