• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

locking gas cap

The cap from the Ruckus locks and it fits the NC700X, but I'd guess it has a vent.

I don't think anyone makes one but when the price of gas gets to 100 bucks a gallon they will. Your seat locks you gas. How secure does it have to be?

And he's asking for a cap that doesn't vent, I'm thinking he's got a project in mind, I'm curious as to what it is

some of the racks that replace the passenger seat expose the gas cap...

25065d1436728240-gotta-luv-mcmaster-carr-img_1492-jpg

Last edited:
some of the racks that replace the passenger seat expose the gas cap...

25065d1436728240-gotta-luv-mcmaster-carr-img_1492-jpg
I figured that was the reason for locking but what about the venting? Removing the passenger seat has been discussed before and so has mounting an additional tank where the passenger seat was, I was thinking some such system would be the reason for the non venting cap. Having the venting cap on the second tank. Someone had a chrome barrel shaped tank (a gallon or two) that mounted like that, I don't remember the details of the build.

The cap from the Ruckus locks and it fits the NC700X, but I'd guess it has a vent.

R u sure?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yes. They are interchangeable. I just went out and swapped them. As to the vent, like I said, I assume they are vented, but I am not sure.

Locking cap on Ruckus:

IMG_0087.jpg

Same cap installed on NC700X:

IMG_0086.jpg

Last edited:
I would think that if going to put an extra tank back there I would have it custom made in aluminum or stainless and specify that it had to have a locking cap. Done!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Back