• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Left front turn signal housing replacement?

WherzRoony

Reaction score
Visit site
Is there an easier way?

The service manual has you taking the bike apart from the rear to front I started on it the other night and said F*** That.

Does anyone know if it'd be easier to remove the front headlight and try to get at it from there? I'm a 9.5 out of 10 in mechanical ability. I can make my own tools as needed. Just curious if there's an easier way?

I have a prosthetic left leg (DCT Is AWESOME For That) When I first got the bike, I was unknowingly rolling it forward as I got off. This folded up the kickstand up on me probably the fourth time I rode it. As I was walking away I heard that heart stopping crunch. Fortunately the turn signal was the only casualty. I don't do that anymore.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Eric

I wish I could be more help but my model is different. I looked at the manual and to see what your facing. From my perspective it really depends on if you can get the side cowl off without removing the other bits from the back end moving to the front. Good luck :)

The side covers do come loose without removing the tail pieces. Just take out the push fasteners from the front of the 3 part tail piece and you can move them enough to get the side panels off, then work your way forward with panel removal.

Forget about getting at it from the headlight end. To get the headlight assembly out requires just as much panel removal as getting to the turn signal.

Back