• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Learned an important lesson while doing my 600 miles oil change

I may have created this slight discrepancy by "over-draining" the crankcase. I did replace both the oil and clutch filters as required for the 600 mile service and went so far as to tip the bike WAY over on its left side to drain out as much of the old oil as possible. I was trying to get the dregs out to see if there was ANY metal bits in there, especially the first service. There were NONE btw. I won't have to do that again. :cool:

It also could have been that you hadn't run the bike yet and so the oil filter hadn't filled with the 0.2 quarts yet. I think that's equivalent to about 6.4 oz. if i did the math right. Still my point is it's not going to cause any great catastrophe with your bike and the Honda police aren't going to show up at your door and cite you for improper following of the instructions. Sorry and no disrespect to anyone on the forum but putting a level on the MC to ensure "exact oil filling" is like pole vaulting over a mouse turd.

It also could have been that you hadn't run the bike yet and so the oil filter hadn't filled with the 0.2 quarts yet. I think that's equivalent to about 6.4 oz. if i did the math right. Still my point is it's not going to cause any great catastrophe with your bike and the Honda police aren't going to show up at your door and cite you for improper following of the instructions. Sorry and no disrespect to anyone on the forum but putting a level on the MC to ensure "exact oil filling" is like pole vaulting over a mouse turd.

BWHAHAHAHA!!!! I'm stealing that line! :D

Back