• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Involved in crash last night

yeah sorry for taking video down, probably best until things settle down.

Driver was insured with a reputable national chain
Driver stopped and was deeply concerned about my well being
I am mostly ok, in lots of pain, especially from waist down.
I have an appointment with an orthopedic doctor next Tuesday. ER doctor suggest that i get an MRI done

Luckily my wife loves me and is taking care of me :p:cool:

Sorry to hear about accident and injuries. And the damage to your bike. I'm still recovering from an accident which was not nearly as bad as yours. Hope you heal quickly.

Uh, they showed in the video. You can see the 2 cars behind the barriers as you approached.

Yeah I see the barricades you talking about now, I thought you was talking about the barriers later on that were across the road I was on
Sorry about that

Sorry to see this thread. You have just convinced me to get at least one camera for my bike - so, some good has already come of it.
Hope you can all the way healed up.

Anyone have any suggestions of a good AND cheap...I mean , inexpensive camera?

I use this and even with the modular helmet making mounting positions difficult, the video is still pretty good and covers most of the front area when I ride.
Replay XD 1080 Mini Camera
5e3b876f6ccd9f0bc5b3d582e62c0719.jpg

Turns on by holding the button for three seconds and will continually overwrite as you fill up the memory card.

Last edited:
I am fairly ok, lots of pain right now. lower back and legs are the worst

By the way, your speedometer showed 2 mph at the moment of impact so it was pretty much your momentum that took you over the trunk. Pretty good emergency braking for anyone.

Sorry to hear about your accident. I know this sounds bad, but I recommend you get an attorney right away. I am not recommending this because you need a slime ball attorney to milk the opposition. Insurance companies are in the business of making money, not paying big claims to someone that their customer just hit. You may have injuries that have not been revealed yet and you want to make sure that everything gets taken care of properly. If you get a reputable attorney they will usually cover a good amount of costs out of their pocket while you go through the claims process. Do not talk to the other driver's insurance company until you have talked to an attorney. I am telling you this from experience. My mom worked for the attorney firm arm of state farm insurance. They received bonuses for mitigating the costs of claims. People don't realize that the insurance company is loaded with attorneys and they will latch onto anything that will help their case. I like that you took the video down. Hold on to that for safekeeping and make a copy. Do not show it to anyone else except your attorney. Your attorney can get a police report faster than you can and they will advise you about how to talk with the other insurance company.

...and get better. Treat yourself well and get rest. I have been in a bad crash like yours and it will likely take a while for all the bruising (and you will see a lot of bruising) to heal. I'm surprised you didn't get any pain meds from the hospital. I lived on Percoset for the first two weeks after my accident. Then I didn't need it anymore. Take care man. I'm glad your weren't hurt worse.

Last edited:
sorry about your get off, heal well. i would NOT go to a chiro until you see an ortho doc, and get an mri done.
chiro's can miss something and make it worse.
yes, get a lawyer. keep things low right now. the less you say, the better you are right now. heal well and fully.

Sorry to hear about the accident. Hopefully there is nothing seriously wrong with your back and the aches and pains will go away in a week or so.

Sorry to hear about the wreck. Hope you get feeling better soon, and that the insurance company isn't _too_ bad to deal with.

Someone remarked about speedometer reading at time of impact. I didn't see the vid. Unless your bike is a DCT/ABS model, that may not mean anything more than that the rear wheel had just locked up.

Concerts, car parks, churches, malls all very very bad, many many distracted stupid drivers. We have all seen them. Glad you are OK, just make sure you get name, rank, serial number, police report and get all you can. Idiots like this are trying to kill us every day. Sad about you bike, it probably is a write off.

You may only want to go on the police reports and not even acknowledge having the video with the cager's insurance company. Speed limit sign just before your wreck states 45mph (google maps are great), and the speedo in the video just before you applied brakes had you over that....less than 10 over, but insurance companies are scum bags...

So an update on whats been happening with my crash. The insurance company unfortunately totaled my bike. It is gone. I loved that bike too. Fortunately they are giving me a very good price for it. I can pay it off and have plenty left over.

Still having some lower back, hip pains but seems to get better a little every day. Some soreness is the main thing right now. It is hard to sit down for a long time, I need to get up every so often at work to walk around and stretch the legs.

Come to find out the driver does not have insurance, nor does he have a valid drivers license. He never paid his fines, there is a warrant out for his arrest. He is from another state though, so I don't think the local jurisdiction here has him on a high priority to get get him. Thankfully my un-insured motorist is taking care of everything for me as far as all the bills go.

I really miss my bike and riding it. Hopefully if things turn out right I'll be able to get another NC. It was a great commuter bike for me.

Video will be back soon once everything is settled down.

Man I hate how our system lets people off the hook like that. Dude should be IN JAIL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Come to find out the driver does not have insurance, nor does he have a valid drivers license. He never paid his fines, there is a warrant out for his arrest. He is from another state though, so I don't think the local jurisdiction here has him on a high priority to get get him. Thankfully my un-insured motorist is taking care of everything for me as far as all the bills go.

I'm glad to hear you are recovering.

Your comments about the other driver is why I and some other members here stress the importance of uninsured/underinsured coverage. In my opinion it is far more important than any coverage that applies to the machine, like collision and comprehensive. I recommend buying as much liability and uninsured/underinsured as the policy will allow, and generally skipping the rest of the coverages. A trip to the hospital usually costs far more than the loss of the machine.

Good to hear you are on the mend. Lets hope there are no lasting effects.
Sorry to hear about your bike and the uninsured motorist.
I've had two cars hit by uninsured idiots. I'm not sure anything ever came of it either time.

Back