• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Insurance Comparison

Thanks, I am 43 with no tickets so i definitely think i am over paying even though i am newly licensed motorcycle rider again. I guess i should have never let my motorcycle license expire several years ago.
Larry,
No agent. Just call the phone number.
I've been with National General since 2000. But longevity with them does not give you any discounts.
My insurance was cheaper with my Suzuki V-Stroms and my KLR's. I guess they consider the NC's a high powered, dangerous race bike???

Thanks, I am 43 with no tickets so i definitely think i am over paying even though i am newly licensed motorcycle rider again. I guess i should have never let my motorcycle license expire several years ago.

Larry,
You can go on the internet and obtain insurance quotes from Geico and Progressive on the spot. No talking to humans or waiting for an estimate. That's how I was able to compare rates in just a matter of minutes.
It's always best to get as many quotes to compare as possible, especially when it's so easy.

Just checked Geico and it is way cheaper than what i am currently paying. Come Monday i am pretty sure i will be changing my insurance
Larry,
You can go on the internet and obtain insurance quotes from Geico and Progressive on the spot. No talking to humans or waiting for an estimate. That's how I was able to compare rates in just a matter of minutes.
It's always best to get as many quotes to compare as possible, especially when it's so easy.

Just checked Geico and it is way cheaper than what i am currently paying. Come Monday i am pretty sure i will be changing my insurance
Well worth checking out the competition for your business. Make sure to see what else is available.
Just think how much extra ca$h you'll have for farkles after switching to another company, lower cost, for your bike's insurance.

I guess I need to get with Progressive and see why mine is so high. I think I paid $360 for a year. I'm almost 50, I've had no wrecks for over 20 years and same with speeding tickets. I do have a pretty solid plan so maybe that is why. I'm going to check around. In may I'm up for renewal.

This thread just cut my insurance in half, possibly more :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

So in others words, "One thread could save you 50% or more on motorcycle insurance."

:p

View attachment 12864

You just got to keep checking the rates at every renewal, as the insurance companies change their rates quite often.

So true OCR. At one point since I already had my house and cars through Allstate I of course went to my agent for the bike insurance quotes. He quoted me a figure that seemed really high. Checked around and found Progressive was way less so went with them. After a year or so my agent from Allstate called me back and asked if he could give it another shot as they had modified their rates and came back at half of what Progressive was charging so I switched again.

Did the same thing with my cars when I had to add a teenage driver. Allstate was high and AAA was significantly less. Switched until Allstate came back with some more reasonable figures. Also you don't have to wait until renewal time. Even if you pay all up front like I do, if you find a better deal the current insurance company will refund the unused paid amount...at least in PA that's the way it works.

So true OCR. At one point since I already had my house and cars through Allstate I of course went to my agent for the bike insurance quotes. He quoted me a figure that seemed really high. Checked around and found Progressive was way less so went with them. After a year or so my agent from Allstate called me back and asked if he could give it another shot as they had modified their rates and came back at half of what Progressive was charging so I switched again.

Did the same thing with my cars when I had to add a teenage driver. Allstate was high and AAA was significantly less. Switched until Allstate came back with some more reasonable figures. Also you don't have to wait until renewal time. Even if you pay all up front like I do, if you find a better deal the current insurance company will refund the unused paid amount...at least in PA that's the way it works.

Like you, I experience this first hand, over and over. With my home insurance I switch companies about every two years. Policy holders become complacent and the rate increases are snuck in each year. Shopping around and switching to a new company resets the rates to more reasonable levels, then rate creep begins all over again.

If you have been with the same company for two or three years, I suggest it's time to do some rate comparisons.

Back