• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Install GIVI PL1111 racks with 1111KIt

nemesis98

Reaction score
Visit site
I am thinking of getting the PL1111 racks and 1111KIT, as well as the GIVI E22N cases - and while looking at the instructions online ( I don't have the racks yet) - I haven't a clue as to how to install them.

Can someone that has these racks take a pic of how and where they mount to the bike? Seems like it's pretty easy, but I want to be sure I know what I am doing before I get them

Attached is a pic of the instructions that I am looking at:

install.jpg

Thanks!

I don't have the kit anymore, but I did for a short period. All the 1111KIT is is four L-shaped brackets that mount via the bolts that hold your bike's grab rails on. They just stand in place of the Givi cargo rack rails which is what you see in the pics the PL1111 mounting too. Very simple install.

You have to put things together loosely until all parts are on the bike.

You have brackets that go under the seat. The bolts for the tabs are under plastic buttons that pry off. They are located under the rear seat. You don't have to take anything off the bike. Just pull the bolts, slip the tabs under the existing work and insert the bolts.

The picture you've posted shows the rear and side racks bolting to those tabs.

Let me know if you need more.

IMG_20150416_160333_804_zpshq22xsrs.jpg

IMG_20150416_160359_788_zpsxrrpgzym.jpg

Just a quick question - what is the item that I put a yellow box around in your pic? IMG_20150416_160333_804_zpshq22xsrs.jpg
Pretty sure I don't have that on mine. Is that part of the side racks?
But without that, the tabs that go under the seats and bolts down - the rack then just bolts to those? (and down by the passenger foot pegs) - right?

That bar is the tail rack. Your drawing shows with or without using part numbers. I can't remember which kit included the tabs. Be careful with part numbers.

The part you have marked with the yellow is the sidearms (GIVI part no.1111FZ) for mounting a rear topbox.. you don't need it to mount the racks for the saddlebags. The sidearms come with the 4 L shaped brackets that are the in 1111KIT and also longer bolts to mount everything together. As others have mentioned mount everything loosely till you have it all together then tighten it up.

Perfect - looks easy enough - it was those sidearms that were confusing me.

I did order the racks and the 1111KIT as well as the cases from Revzilla yesterday afternoon - and already one package will be delivered today, and the rest on Monday (wicked great service and shipping - and that's the normal free shipping too!)
So I should be good to go once they all arrive.

Thanks everyone for your help!

Last edited:
Received my cases and kit today - and everything went on super easy. Thanks for the 'do not tighten up until everything is together' tip - needed to adjust the brackets a bit to line up with the holes - so that worked great. Loving it so far - even though I haven't ridden with them yet and only just put them on moments ago20150420_133639.jpg

How does it feel? Solid?

Very solid rack system. Once everything was tightened town, nothing moves at all.
The cases are very nice as well. Nothing fancy - not going to win any battles against asphalt, but they do what they are suppose to do - hold stuff :)

I installed the Givi mount system a few weeks ago w/the only difficulty being installing the 4 support brackets to the accessory rear carrier/saddlebag bracket. W/the OEM grab rail, there is no problem.
I added large rubber washer spacers under them to gain clearance off the colored body panel on each side. The remaining bar assemblies bolted right on.

I had an odd experience installing the final bridge bar at the rear, though. I dropped the nut as I installed the R/H attach point; it fell right down the exhaust can. Go figure.
I took the can off, could hear the nut rattling around but could not get it to drop out. Eventually it got hung up and stopped moving; it's still in there. Oh, well.

I have a 3-piece soft bag set-up I had for years on another bike and are solidly attached w/the Givi set-up now.

Last edited:
I have the Honda top case and want to add side bags for more storage. The Honda bags are grossly overpriced and seem small. I'm thinking about these Givi's. Will the Givi mount system work with the Honda top case and it's mounts in position? Thanks in advance.

I had an odd experience installing the final bridge bar at the rear, though. I dropped the nut as I installed the R/H attach point; it fell right down the exhaust can. Go figure.
I took the can off, could hear the nut rattling around but could not get it to drop out. Eventually it got hung up and stopped moving; it's still in there. Oh, well.

hahahahahaha :D I'm laughing with you; not at you, lol

That's the way it seems to always work! If there is even one tiny place for a dropped item to go, it will go directly to it, and fall inside. The more difficult it is to try and remove, increases the odds of it happening a dozen fold.

I can't count how many fasteners I've lost over the years, watching horrified, as they made a beeline for the absolute last place I wanted them to go.

:eek: Ack! No no no no no! Don't go there! Don't go there! Please...

*kerplunk*

Auuugh! :mad: razzafrazza dirtyfracking nogood sonofaflippinflappin bleeping bleeping grrrr

I've got some givi brackets above,no use to me now.
I was going to make a side bracket attached to a back rest frame/inc rack,so that you could attach the give frame but not enough room.
if any one wants it just pay the postage,don't forget I'm uk based.
if no one wants it , its going in the bin.

Very solid rack system. Once everything was tightened town, nothing moves at all.

Mine were the same for awhile.....then they slowly loosened up a bit. I suggest you give each bolt a quick check after about 1,000 miles or so. I found a couple loose ones and had to torque them down a bit more. After that second tightening (has been about 6,000 miles) I've had no more issues.

BTW, nice looking setup you have there!

Received my cases and kit today - and everything went on super easy. Thanks for the 'do not tighten up until everything is together' tip - needed to adjust the brackets a bit to line up with the holes - so that worked great. Loving it so far - even though I haven't ridden with them yet and only just put them on moments agoView attachment 23781

I think those cases look great on the NCX. Good size and the shape flows well with the lines of the bike. What's your plan for top case?

EDIT: Are the cases on backwards?

Last edited:
I think those cases look great on the NCX. Good size and the shape flows well with the lines of the bike. What's your plan for top case?

EDIT: Are the cases on backwards?

Top Case - haven't thought about it yet - I don't really want a huge box up top there, but it would be nice to get something to help store my 4XL jacket and pants in, as well as my helmet, bots, gloves etc...

Not sure if they are backward or on correct - but I liked the way it looked and flowed better this way. New pic below - I kind of like the way the top of the case is a different color in that light - might be a good time to Plasti-Dip them :)

MY NC700X.jpg

I have the Honda top case and want to add side bags for more storage. The Honda bags are grossly overpriced and seem small. I'm thinking about these Givi's. Will the Givi mount system work with the Honda top case and it's mounts in position? Thanks in advance.

I am in the same boat. According to some previously done searching, I believe it can be done but not without cutting into the Honda rack. I'm not sure if I want to do that or just sell my Honda rack and case and buy an all Givi setup.

If you find out or are able to locate some pictures, I would be interested in knowing/seeing.

Back