• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

I'm tired of hearing people calling the NC750X Soulless and boring

Hi FlyinFree!
Sorry for the delay.
I just had to drill two extra holes (If I remember correctly) in the Givi mounting arms. I didn't want to drill the Shad mounting plate as it's plastic already and I didn't want to weaken it.
So you mounted the Shad top box plate to the Givi top box arms?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I just drilled 2 extra holes to mount this plate as they didn't line up with any of the available predrilled holes.
ShadMount.jpg

Attachments

• givi_1111FZ_monorack_arms.jpg
    givi_1111FZ_monorack_arms.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 470
The top box mount is very forgiving. Not so much the side bags, so I switched out my Shad side arms for the GIVI ones and modified the GIVI mount to mount the Shad top box. The only issue is where you drill the extra two holes moves the top box forward / back in relation to the seat.

The soulless bike has captured the souls of many. It handles every challenge it put up to except drag racing. I have had several come up to me after a run on a twisty and ask what it is, riding with bags I've manage to impress knee draggers and heartbreakers. It has been in 44 states including ALaska and Canada and logged 83k since Jan 2013. Imride with some big bikes and crossing the desert at sustained speeds of 90mph for tanks of fuel. Could it used more, I guess but at fuel mileage above 65 mpg almost every times it allows me to ride cheap. The wind protection could be better crossing the plains but it allows me to feel the ride so I may complain a little and clean my face shield at every stop . It has been off road, in the snow, in hail, countless storms, creeks, around 1100 miles in 17 hours. This bike has more heart than bikes twice its size, to me it's nearly perfect that's why it hard to lest her go. After D.C., NJ, RI, Conn. and Mass. it will have logged the Mainland US . Another gallon of gas would be nice, another 15hp would be quicker, shaftdrive would be more maintenance free, but I'm fine. Go NC....

I think it is one of those bikes like Moto Guzzis. Either You like them or You don't. While I no longer have the NCX I do have the X-Adv which has the same motor, drive train and basic chassis. I dug that under square motor even before I rode one, and when I eventually bought one in the form of an NCX it did exactly what I expected of it. At the moment my X is doing exactly the same as my NC did, shutting up the begrudgers. It is difficult for someone to call an NC boring when they have to work hard to either keep up with one or keep ahead of one on a twisty road ! ;)

I was at a local car dealership and the parts guy came out as he rides an R6. The most important thing to him was him staring at the chicken strips. I guess I passed the test but just seemed odd that he crouches down and starts staring at the rear tire.

Last edited:
That really looks like a comfortable bike!

This post on the ADV forum certainly bears that out..........

"Just back from a 5000 mile trip to and around Romania, I've had 30+ bikes and don't think any of them would have been better for the mixture of roads."

Have had my NC700X for 4 years now, coming from a VTX1300C (8 years) I love this bike. I do look and test ride others (everything and anything from small on/off roads to big Harley Tourers - Africa Twin was the closest consideration) and occasionally contemplated selling her but in putting together all the selling points I've never been able to let go (not yet).
As TNTim mentioned a little more HP would be nice (I ride in New England and do jump on the Maine Turnpike once in awhile just to get to the back roads quicker) shaft drive would be ideal, but the bike takes on so many challenges well. And in my opinion is so good looking! I've had many compliments from even the most die hard Triumph/HD riders.
Thinking to replace the wind shield with a taller Givi and maybe add the rear tire mud guard, other than that its a matter of getting out there and taking on new adventures... through those the bikes soul starts shining a little more and more each time.

Attachments

• IMG_6983.jpg
    IMG_6983.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 284
  • IMG_2739.jpg
    IMG_2739.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 280
Sometimes, the NC can be quite boring, but it's a great tourer/commuter, if you put the right stuff on it.
For instance:
I ride my NC almost every day, and there are some dull moments where I almost fall asleep while riding, but other times, it's like I'm riding a rocketship that keeps on going.

Flickability is the word I was looking for. I pushed the forks through the triple tree to get a better angle of attack. With the wide bars and risers, it's like riding a superbike (exaggeration)!

It is definitely a whole different experience than my old XF650.
Thoughts were I wanted to have a cb500x, but the frunk just took me to another level of interest.

I have the bike since April and since have ridden it a lot, and I begin to like it more and more.

Back