• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

If you could do it over again...

frozenpoet

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
What is one farkle that you would change/do differently?

For me it would be going for the Honda line saddlebags. I like the way they look on the bike, but the way that they curve hurts its usefulness. I mostly bought them for how the mounting bracket looks when the bags are off of the bike, but truthfully I hardly ever take them off.

So what is yours?

I bought a pair of Over Racing cool aluminum lowering links from a member on the forum before realizing that I would rather change the mirrors and/or the windshield mount, so I could fit my bike under the deck I have to park beneath.

I have brand new lowering links sitting on my coffee table, that have never been touched. :(

The only thing I would have done differently so far is instead of buying the cheap trackside handguards I would have bought more expesive set that actually mount to the bar end. Or purcahsed the barkbusters. Probably option two. May still do it.

I would get aluminum panniers and top case instead of Givi V35's. Something like L.B.S put on his bike. I like the top loader better than the side load cases.
Heck, I may put some ammo cans on someday.

I would have used an aluminum screen instead of 'stainless' steel (that really isn't stainless) for my diy radiator guard. Otherwise, I love the bike and my current and soon to be added farkles. I wish I had bought the Hippo Hands a couple of weeks ago since my fingers are still thawing out after my ride to work yesterday morning ;~)

I bought the Givi saddlebag supports for soft saddlebags because I already had an extra set and wanted to use them on the bike. The supports are great but I don't like the way the saddlebags look and the strap that goes over the passenger seat would make it inconvenient to fill with gas. I think I'll try and sell the supports and get the Givi supports for their hard bags since the mounting kit can still be used.

My biggest Farkle Fail was the Seat Concepts seat. I loved the price and DIY installation concept of the foam and cover. But, unfortunately the seat was terribly uncomfortable for my person. Went back to a stock seat and I'm still awaiting the Next Big Thing in NC700X seats.

Greg

My biggest Farkle Fail was the Seat Concepts seat. I loved the price and DIY installation concept of the foam and cover. But, unfortunately the seat was terribly uncomfortable for my person. Went back to a stock seat and I'm still awaiting the Next Big Thing in NC700X seats.
Greg
Hopefully the Sargent Seat will be coming soon. I sure hope it turns out to be comfy!

Nothing! Got exactly what I thought and expected I was getting..

Nana Chou accessories:

Rox Riser “2”

J&M Drink Holder

Trackside Aluminum Hand Guard Kit with Shields

Mirror Extenders

Bike Master Power Outlet

Arkon Iphone Waterproof Holder

Universal Vista Cruise Control

Cramp Buster

Utopia Back Rest

AMS Comfort Max Sheepskin Gel Pad Large

Rivco 7/8” Highway Peg mounts for GL1800

Rivco Anti Vibration Pegs Black Powder Coat

Givi Engine Guards

Givi Trekker Fog Lights

Givi Trekker 33 liter Saddlebags

Givi Trekker 54 liter Trunk

Givi Trekker truck and saddlebag mount

Koplin 1 ½ gal Fuel Pack Jr with Mount

¾ Square tube Homemade Gas tank mounts

2 Tooltubes mounted Inside Givi Racks

Honda Center Stand

Hepco & Becker Skid Plate

Interphone Head Set

Iphone

First Gear Laguna Mini Hard Tank Bag

Copland Seat

National Cycle Vsteam Touring Tall Clear Windshield

Wow OCR, definitely a lot of goodies on your bike. As for me:

Madstaad Screen

Trekker 33's

Give 52 (moved from my Guzzi - I would prefer the Trekker top case, but already had the other. Maybe a future addition)

Kaoko Throttlelock

Barkbuster Storm handguards (installing next week)

AME heated grips (installing next week)

Happy with all, but would like the Trekker top case instead.

Wow OCR, definitely a lot of goodies on your bike. As for me:

I think OCR has terminal FARKLE-ITIS. He never met an accessory he didn't like!
Thanks to him the after-market parts industry is thriving! And we have a lot of choices for customizing our bikes!
:rolleyes:

I've met a lot of accessories I had no use for, those ain't on my bike. When your old, short, fat and ugly like me, every accessory must be functional not cosmetic, ornamental, decorative, or chrome. Harley riders buy those "hue and awe" shiney things. I don't buy "ice house accessories".

Last edited:
I wouldn't have wasted my money on the touring screen.
And, I would have gone with the Givi Trekker side and top cases rather than the stock Honda.
Otherwise, I'm good with what I've got.

Now I just have to order that Puig windscreen to undo my mistake of the touring screen (soon), and MAYBE come up with the $1200 to replace all of my cases with the Givi Trekker.

I wouldn't have gone with the Skidmarx and CalSci windscreens. Should have waited until the MadStad was available. Wouldn't have tried to have a local upholsterer do a seat modification. Using a Seat Concepts seat now, but the jury is still out. If the bike had not already come with the mounting bracket for the OEM top case I would have checked into the other options available. Smart move by the dealer to put the Honda mounting bracket on the bike at the POS.

Since I switched from the similarly designed Multistrada, which was accessorized the way I liked it, I already knew what I would do to the NC. Better screen, hand guards, luggage rack, boxy Pelican panniers, power outlet and two things more I had on the Multi, which I have yet to install on the NC. I would like to find some grippy knee pads to mount on the sides of the frunk and install a hugger. Then, in my mind, I think I'd be satisfied.

I wouldn't have wasted my money on the touring screen.
And, I would have gone with the Givi Trekker side and top cases rather than the stock Honda.
Otherwise, I'm good with what I've got.

Now I just have to order that Puig windscreen to undo my mistake of the touring screen (soon), and MAYBE come up with the $1200 to replace all of my cases with the Givi Trekker.

I have a puig for sale :)

Not so much a mistake. Just too small -especially for winter. Have the tall (and ugly) V-stream. Will get a shorty for summer. Love the mounting of the v-stream.

Last edited:
Wukie-
Curious about your windscreen (both about purchasing it and height issues).
Do you find it directs the wind into your helmet like the touring screen does? That's my big issue. I'm not a tall guy - 5'10 (or 5'9 if it's been a long week...), but the touring screen throws ALL of the wind right into my face. Below 50, it's not a problem. 50-80, it's a HUGE problem.

Back