• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

I... just... dunno...

ricksride

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I've written this four or five times now. Each time it gets deleted and I start over.
I don't have that many miles on my X to really fall in love with it. I just have that feeling that I'm more suitable to owning it's other brother, Darrell.
The CTX700N is a cruiser and we know that. I know that. That's where I came from and always feel at home. So why did I buy the NC? I got it for a good price and wanted to try out the engine. Plus the fact I couldn't find any CTX's anywhere for anything close to a reasonable price.
Now I can find them at the price I want to pay.
Love the motor & MPG! No discussion here.
I've learned a lot on this site, which will carry over to the CTX for sure. I thank everyone for that. Hopefully I might of helped a few at the same time.
I think it's time to sell the NC.

(Now to think up a catchy ad...:confused:)

dude! You'll have frunk withdrawal heh heh :eek:

All the best though, and please give us all the details on the process of getting new bike, and all the comparos between old and new! :cool:

dude! You'll have frunk withdrawal heh heh :eek:

All the best though, and please give us all the details on the process of getting new bike, and all the comparos between old and new! :cool:

I'm working on it.
First, I have to put mine up for sale.
Then it has to sell.
Then comes the hunt & gather part for the CTX.
It won't be a fast project but it will happen.
I'm not going anywhere for a while. ;)

I hear you, ricksride. The CTX is simply more comfortable, to me. I got my NCX before there was a CTX, but if there had been, it'd have been a very close call for me. Good luck with the transition!

I had to look up the CTX. Nice looking bike but would be too short for me.
You'll have the best of both worlds - the NC engine and an ergos that fits you. :cool:

why not create a ctx page on this forum after all it shares the same engine etc does it not.
you get what suits you rick.
at the end of the day its your money and its your bike.
and do stay with us;)

why not create a ctx page on this forum after all it shares the same engine etc does it not.
you get what suits you rick.
at the end of the day its your money and its your bike.
and do stay with us;)

There is one, here:

http://www.ctx700-forum.com/forum/cmps_index.php

It seems to be pretty quiet over there. It wouldn't surprise me if a lot of CTX owners browse the forum here on a regular basis.

If you like the engine but prefer a cruiser style go for the CTX or be Batman and get the NM4!!

My boss is looking for a new bike to replace his 2008 Boulevard. He saw the NM4 and just fell in love with it. I guess there has to be someone out there that gets it. BTW - he was a top tier heavily sponsored motocross rider in his teens so he isn't some sort of motorcycle newbie. He really gets bikes.

My boss is looking for a new bike to replace his 2008 Boulevard. He saw the NM4 and just fell in love with it. I guess there has to be someone out there that gets it. BTW - he was a top tier heavily sponsored motocross rider in his teens so he isn't some sort of motorcycle newbie. He really gets bikes.

Must have bumped his head.devil.gif

Must have bumped his head.View attachment 25787

I really didn't understand his enthusiasm either but it takes all kinds. If I had to guess; its the futuristic design and lines and the efficiency of the engine - he drives a Tesla, wears a smart watch, etc and is one of the most passionate engineers I have ever met.

And yes, he quit motocross after one too many trips to the emergency room. He also had enough cash stashed away to pay for university, immigrate and get set up on this side of the pond.

Last edited:
Last edited:
There is one, here:

http://www.ctx700-forum.com/forum/cmps_index.php

It seems to be pretty quiet over there. It wouldn't surprise me if a lot of CTX owners browse the forum here on a regular basis.
I think the main CTX forum is Honda CTX700 Forum leave the "-" out of address. It has nearly 3,000 members and nearly 50,000 posts. It came along a year later than NC so I would say pretty active. I was in a South Georgia Honda Power dealer recently. Salesman said the CTX with DCT is the best selling bike they have.

OK, someone just threw the biggest monkey wrench known to mankind into my plans.
In my first post I said I wanted to switch over to the CTX.
I have my NC listed for sale in here and other forums along with Cycletrader & CL.
Couple of nibbles, i.e. lowballers.
And then comes along the kicker.
A guy sends me a text saying he thinks the bike I have might be his old one.
I send him the last four of my vin and yup, it was his.
He still has the OEM saddlebags, extra key, stock windscreen and some other stuff that he offered to sell me at a really good price.
Now I'm torn between taking less money for the bike than I want, (mostly because people don't like the "rebuilt/branded" title) and then putting the money towards a CTX...
or
Buying the saddlebags and therefore keeping the bike.
anyone.gif

Only you.....can prevent....a double mistake.
Make sure you make the NC work for you. Otherwise, cut your losses and move on.
BTW- mine has a reconstructed title ,too. Having trouble selling mine here because everyone wants HD cruisers or HD cruiser look a likes.

The light bulb just came on.

Turns out the OEM saddlebags are the same exact # for both the NC and the CTX.

Looks like I'll be able to use the saddlebags on any CTX I might get. (might have to repaint though)

Back