• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

I had a companion

SergeantChuck

Commuter Extraordinaire
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
20140418_084222.jpg

I went into the water department on Friday to set up an account for my new house and when I came out my bike had a companion. Nice looking bike but I like mine better.

When I park in a lot, I like to put the tail close to the rear of the space (like a car would be). That way, when someone is coming down the lane, looking for a spot, they don't get fooled into thinking mine is open because they can't see my NC right away.

This leaves a space toward the front of the spot, and sometimes another MC will be in it when I return. I like that!

Makes me think of...
When you go to Walmart on your NC, where do you park?
1) in a designated parking space
2) up by the front of the store (where a MC can park and a car never would).

I confess I've parked up front by the building now and then... as long as I'm not blocking the fire exit.

I used to park up front at Walmart, until the asshat barney fife gave me a parking ticket, even though there were no 'no parking' signs and I parked next to the bicycle rack (hey a bike is a bike, motorized or not). Now I will take up a car parking spot if need be.

When I park in a lot, I like to put the tail close to the rear of the space (like a car would be). That way, when someone is coming down the lane, looking for a spot, they don't get fooled into thinking mine is open because they can't see my NC right away.

This leaves a space toward the front of the spot, and sometimes another MC will be in it when I return. I like that!

Makes me think of...
When you go to Walmart on your NC, where do you park?
1) in a designated parking space
2) up by the front of the store (where a MC can park and a car never would).

I confess I've parked up front by the building now and then... as long as I'm not blocking the fire exit.

I'm spoiled. I have only been to Walmart twice since moving to Arkansas. I avoid the place. Wife does all the shopping. Most likely I would park way out in the parking lot where there are no cars and I usually park next to the cart return.

I'm spoiled. I have only been to Walmart twice since moving to Arkansas. I avoid the place. Wife does all the shopping. Most likely I would park way out in the parking lot where there are no cars and I usually park next to the cart return.

Like Chuck, I usually park out near the end of the lot where there are fewer chances of someone wanting what appears to be an empty spot. I try to pull through and leave the front of my bike close to the front of the slot so it can be seen.

That is indeed a talent - avoiding a Wal-Mart in Arkansas.

I have to think the guy on the Kawasaki was probably out there with his cellphone taking pictures of your bike and posting to his forum about how cool the two bikes looked side-by-side. As long as he's not delusional enough to say "I like mine better" then we can all get along.
:D

I avoid Walmart so its worth taking a picture of mine there.......because it is a rare occasion.

Whenever I park in a car space I do like others mention and leave my bike positioned where it can be seen. I've heard of too many owners coming out and finding the bike knocked over by a car in a hurry to swoop into an "empty" space.

That's one of the reasons I go for the cart returns. I figure that is one side they can't hit plus you don't have a tall truck blocking the view. It is hard to avoid Walmart though. In my small town of 32,000 they have a full size Walmart and are currently building a Walmart 'Neighborhood Market' on the other side of town.

Whenever I park in a car space I do like others mention and leave my bike positioned where it can be seen. I've heard of too many owners coming out and finding the bike knocked over by a car in a hurry to swoop into an "empty" space.

When I park anywhere with any of my bikes, I park diagonally at the rear of the parking space. I know that the bike will be seen, however I am blocking any point of an entry for another motorcycle to squeeze in though. I've never had any issues using this method...

32,000 is not a small town in Arkansas. It's well on the way to being a metropolis. The town closest to me has (10 miles) has a population of 360. That's a small town. If you noticed a white Avalanche tearing through Cabot on 67/167 last week, that was me taking my wife to the Arkansas Heart Hospital in LR. Thank God I got to bring her home Monday.

32,000 is not a small town in Arkansas.

When we go up to Ark camping, everytime we go through a "city" of under 1,000, we'd say the "saaalooot" Hee Haw style. With hand gesture too!

Glad you got your wife home, too. Heart trouble is not good.

Last edited:
Back