• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

I Did it! I Ordered New Tires!!!

belrix

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Thank you for everyone putting up with me posts and question about tires over the last few months. This is a great forum filled with great people; an awesome place to hangout and learn!

I have actually placed an order for a set of new tires!

Front is a Continental Twinduro TKC80 120/17-17
Rear is a Mitas E-07 150/17-7

Hoping the combo is awesome on gravel!

Super excited!

belrix

I almost went with a Mitas when I replaced my K60 this week. I ended up going with another K60 instead. I think you will like that combo......just don't follow Bammamate down any goat trails and you will be ok.
Mike

I've ridden a Mitas E07 on my previous bike (F650GS) and put 12000 km on it and was sure good for another 8000 km but I sold the bike...very durable tire but noisy on highway.

Dropped the NC off this morning to get the tires mounted. [emoji1]

I'm likely the look of the pair!

10210483bf62718c7c05b2360b27d3d6.jpg

I choose the Mitas over the Heidenau because I liked the more open center strip. Just wish Mitas made a 120/70-17 M-07 front tire!

I know of several folks that are running the Mitas and love it. It seems to last a long time. I will probably try the rear next.
Mike

New Tires...Installed!!!

Well my new tires are installed and I love them on gravel! On pavement the TKC-80 will take a little while to get used too, nothing bad but turn-in is different than a Metzler Z8.

Only managed 5 miles on gravel before the storm front hit. Can't wait to ride them some more!!!

belrix

Attachments

• New Tires!.jpg
    New Tires!.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 735
  • TKC-80.jpg
    TKC-80.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 1,151
  • Mitas E-07.jpg
    Mitas E-07.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 2,222
I presently run the TKC/K60 combo now (about 8000 kms). I will need to replace at least the K60 by seasons end (Oct/Nov). I really do think this will be my new combo. My buddy has the Mitas 07 on his KLR and likes it.

The new TKC70 is interesting though....but I want a GOOD gravel tire so will see !!! :confused:

I love this combo, my confidence on gravel has multiplied greatly! I went explorer through the reclaimed mining pits this evening and had an absolutely wonderful time.

I was looking at the Mitas E-07 more closely and there is a center strip down the middle of the tire that will be exposed when about half the tread is used up, but it is narrower the the K60 strip.

After looking at a lot of rear tires that seem to be decent for gravel/dirt roading as well as pavement, I'll probably get a Mitas E-07 when my rear stocker wears out, based on how well that has done on my Yamaha WR250R. Still wish I could find a front tire that was a little less blocky than the TKC80...

I'm on my second set of TKC-80 up front and Mitas E-07 on the rear, still loving them! I replaced both tires in the first set at 8,000 miles, but in hindsight could have went longer. My second set has almost 6,000 miles them and still going strong.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back