• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

I Did it! I Ordered New Tires!!!

Just wondering: what made you choose the Mitas for the rear instead of another TKC80 ? I plan to switch my tires too for more aggressive ones, but L.B.S. seems to like his set of 2 TKC80 and I was curious about the benefit of the Mitas one...

Last edited:
MITAS E-07 handles predictably on gravel/hardpack mixtures, goes further before wearing out, is pretty quiet on pavement and does really well there too.

MITAS E-07 handles predictably on gravel/hardpack mixtures, goes further before wearing out, is pretty quiet on pavement and does really well there too.

Is it any good in mud/sand? I think LBS mentioned the TKC80 was quite good in there - as much as the bike itself can be that is... won't make it an off-road bike obviously.

I went E07 for the same reason as greenboy. It does OK in mud sand but not as good as a big block pattern like the TKC80. It will pack with mud faster/easier than a big block style.

Well my new tires are installed and I love them on gravel! On pavement the TKC-80 will take a little while to get used too, nothing bad but turn-in is different than a Metzler Z8.

Only managed 5 miles on gravel before the storm front hit. Can't wait to ride them some more!!!

belrix

I'm looking at the second picture and can't stop wondering if the tire was mounted in the right direction... Shouldn't the Vs be the other way around so that you get more grip on any surface?

I'm looking at the second picture and can't stop wondering if the tire was mounted in the right direction... Shouldn't the Vs be the other way around so that you get more grip on any surface?

That is the correct direction. I've mostly seen chevron patterns (V) mounted so the point of the V faces forward when on top of the tire. Some say running them backward is better for climbing and deep sand/mud but they handle poorly on the street running backward. You generally see tractors, ATV, trucks, etc running them forward until you get into dedicated mudders and sometimes the monster trucks run them backward.

Back