• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

How to attach tank bag to NCX

i've tried a few tank bags now, and showkey is the only one i've seen work. I sure want one with a hydration unit, that I have not found that works.

Last edited:
RKA three-strap bags work quite well with the NC700X. You do have to un-click two snap-buckled to enter the frunk -- no big deal IMO.
Their In-Charge bag holds my Autocom/intercom/bike-to-bike, cell phone charger, GPS, VOltmeter, and any other low-draw electrical item. All these items connect to bike power with a single SAE 2-prong connector, just like your battery tender.
Map case on the top surface. Best part is their made in the good old USA and can be had in any color combo you wish to order.

ugabydaq.jpg

6e9usy7y.jpg

3uju7e9u.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attaches with four suction cups. Easy on, easy off -- never budges although I do have a small shoelace tether just in case. No problem getting into the 'frunk'.

P1030152.jpg

Here is the thread cyclerosis started about this last summer. You can buy just the suction cup kit if your current tank bag has the standard plastic clips as the suction cup kit clips right into them or if you have D rings you can take the clips off and attach them to the D rings as I did.

http://nc700-forum.com/forum/product-reviews/3656-rapid-transit-recon-tank-bag.html

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/58381/i/rapid-transit-commuter-expandable-tank-bag-suction-cup-mount-kit

http://www.amazon.com/Rapid-Transit-Commuter-Suction-Mount/dp/B00C5W8CLA

feildsheer.jpg

Last edited:
Hydration Tank Bag

i've tried a few tank bags now, and showkey is the only one i've seen work. I sure want one with a hydration unit, that I have not found that works.

If hydration is all you're looking for, the Geigerrig Shuttle is the solution. I found mine hung over the frunk cover and strapped beneath the seat to be an ideal solution. The added benefit is the Geigerrig is a pressurized hydration bladder so you don't have to draw on it to get a drink. IMG_0803.jpgIMG_0804.jpgIMG_0805.jpg

Honda 700X 042.jpgbike pickling  Fall 2014 004.jpgbike pickling  Fall 2014 006.jpgI use this old fly-fishing pack. Front strap slips over latch, fasten rear with a strap between seat and frunk, I slip into the frunk when parked. I carry extra tools and odds and ends ear plugs etc. I move it between my other bikes. Works great.In the fanny pack under rear rack I carry my slime compressor, tire plugs, irons,tow rope etc. I never leave town without them. Ride safe.

Kind of disappointed in this thread. Nothing made to fit so I'll end up doing my own, I guess. Found the perfect solution for my 83 Wing, a magnetic bag from Iron Rider via Amazon: the "flaps" with the magnets wrap around the top lid and fit perfectly without interfering with the latch. Still easy to get to the gas cap.

Similar (maybe with hooks which fit under the edges of the fruck lid) would do. I want to be able to get into the frunk without unlatching the tank bag. sourcing the correct hooks/clips will be the issue. :D

if i needed the space i'd just use tank PANNIERS, which probably takes a little wind off the legs too

Kind of disappointed in this thread. Nothing made to fit so I'll end up doing my own, I guess. Found the perfect solution for my 83 Wing, a magnetic bag from Iron Rider via Amazon: the "flaps" with the magnets wrap around the top lid and fit perfectly without interfering with the latch. Still easy to get to the gas cap.

Similar (maybe with hooks which fit under the edges of the fruck lid) would do. I want to be able to get into the frunk without unlatching the tank bag. sourcing the correct hooks/clips will be the issue. :D
George, did you see this other thread?

http://nc700-forum.com/forum/nc700-mods/2808-map-pocket-v2-0-a.html?highlight=suit

I only use the map pocket but my favorite tank bag, a Cortech Mini, rides well there on occasion. I didn't want to release straps or anything to open the frunk and found the velcro on the underside of the lid retains the tank bag base.

if i needed the space i'd just use tank PANNIERS, which probably takes a little wind off the legs too

On the downside, panniers have a large negative impact on fuel economy. It's not so much the cost of the fuel, but that it limits your range on the puny NC fuel tank. A tank bag would not impact fuel economy.

I doubt a small tank pannier like the Wolfman is going to be much of a big deal. But whatever.

Length: 10" / 25cm
Width: 4" / 10cm
Height: 11" / 28cm

Capacity: 7 liters / 427 cu in each, 14 liters / 854 cu in per pair

I see why some would want a map pocket though, which this or additional storage elsewhere won't solve.

I ran tank panniers on my XR a few weeks ago for a 3day/600 mile off-road ride .
Without the panniers I could hit 60mph on flat pavement,with the panniers on my best was 53mph.
I have since moved to the back of the seat.
01d0fd8bad26d4ee85f06a5b03dbcfbf.jpg

Live life,be yourself !!!!.

Back