• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

How much gasoline You have put in when filling your tank?

I routinely put in 3.1 gallons at 215 miles. (Two work days of commuting).

I have put 3.5 gallons in before. No matter what my light flashes at 160-185 miles - I never fill up before 210 though and have never put in more than 3.5.

3.54 gal

A couple of days ago my bike shut off while I was driving. I let her coast and then when stopped I tried to turn on the engine and it worked. I rode for another mile having to stop the bike and turn on the engine another time and then reached a gas pump (where she shut off as if she knew we were safe): 13.6 l (3.54 gal).

Usually the reservoir start to blink around 300km (180 mi) and I stop at the first pump I meet, putting around 11 l, (3 gal).

Sorry misunderstood what is a fuct? Id that like the ones that hold a bottle of fuel but are mounted inside Pannier racks?

Heh heh :D

Front Trunk = Frunk

Fake (air) Duct = Fuct

One screw and one plastic rivet and either side duct pops right off, revealing a lot of storage space available for various items of choice. I have air compressors and flat repair kits etc., in mine, with tons of room left over.

Oh, and since my mileage is usually pretty sucky compared to most here, I tend to start getting nervous vaguely around the 295 km or 180 mile +/- mark, and try to not go past say, 30-ish km's on reserve. Usually this is pessimistic on my part, and I only put in around 11 or 12 litres instead of 13-14, but I got so gun shy with always running out of fuel with my F800, that it's stuck with me.

Sorry misunderstood what is a fuct? Id that like the ones that hold a bottle of fuel but are mounted inside Pannier racks?

Nothing's fuct. It's just part of the bike's design. :rolleyes:

Never go past 180 miles,makes me nervous.usually 2 gallons maybe a little more is the most.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

3.55 gallons is the most that ever went into the tank.

During a recent trip from Texas to Alaska, on one occasion, the bike was able to run for 260 miles without a fill-up. Mind you, this was accomplished while riding between Eagle Plains YT and Dawson City YT, on the return leg down the Dempster Highway, where my speed rarely exceeded 50 mph, so ymmv :) Had an extra one-gallon tank with me for peace of mind, but never needed it.

Also, in places where gas stations are far apart, it is re-assuring to see that the bike can easily cover at least 45 miles after the last bar starts blinking.

Back